“Excellent historian - gifted tour guide”

Radek Cizek Guide Tours
Ranked #224 of 602 Tours in Prague
More attraction details
Owner description: I am the local licensed Prague guide. I can offer you tailor-made tours both in Prague and all around the Czech Republic. I will show you both highlights and hidden corners. You can choose from general, comprehensive tours and special tours. As I know this city very well, I can give you lot of recommendations where to eat, shop, where to listen nice music or which gallery to visit. Enjoy Prague!
Reviewed 13 January 2016

Radek brought Prague to light in a magical way. My wife and I accompanied him as we walked and drove about the city on a cold winters day. I am a bit of a history buff, and so I particularly enjoyed his interest and knowledge about ancient and modern history. I remember watching in horror on TV when the Russian troops invaded in 1968, and now we were standing at the site in Wenceslas square where that happened. Radek showed us a picture of Vaclav Havel leaning out of a balcony at the square when he was a student amidst the crowds on that marvellous day when Mr. Havel took office. Thanks Radek - best wishes to you. Mary Ellen McNaughton and Bill Nelems.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"history"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 4 November 2015

Radek was great in terms of communication from our first contact through to the actual guiding on a day trip to Cesky Krumlov, 2.25 hours from Prague. He emailed me each time with almost no delay and gave me all the information I needed to communicate to the 8 people for whom I was organizing this day tour once we finished with our Odysseys Unlimited Eastern Europe trip.
He was extremely knowledgeable about the history of the area and about the medieval town of Cesky Krumlov. Since he had a driver for the van he used (and on short notice, he was able to change the size of the van because we added a person), he could talk to us safely as we traveled the considerable distance to CK. Uplifting to the educators among us, Radek brought visuals to share: maps, photographs, editorial cartoons, etc.
In Cesky Krumlov, Radek gave us time to explore on our own once he had given an overview of the town. I am sorry he couldn't have been our guide in the castle because the official castle guide was mediocre. Radek would have brought humor as well as information to the tour.
When I return on my own to Prague, I will engage Radek for another excursion. FYI, I found his fees to be reasonable and I compared his excursion with 5 others.

Reviewed 7 June 2015

If you are flipping through websites looking for a guide to help you experience Prague, look no more.

We, meaning my husband and I and our 93 and 85 year old mothers, visited Prague for 3 days following our Viking River Cruise. Radek arranged a car and driver to transport us around the city and these 2 were some of the best of vacation. As others have noted, he is a virtual encyclopedia of knowledge of culture and history. Having grown up under communist rule, he had a unique perspective and we learned so much. One afternoon, he took us to a cafe in his neighborhood so we could experience the non-tourist side of the city.

He was always on-time, suggested good restaurants and a gem of a guide. Look no more.

Reviewed 4 March 2015

We spent an extra 3 days in Prague as an add-on to a Viking River Cruise of the Danube, and connecting with Radek for a city tour was such a lucky break for us! Radek is enthusiastic and so knowledgable about Central European history and culture, as well as current events. We especially appreciated how readily he accommodated the comfort of his charges on a cold day in December. His profound love of this beautiful city and its culture made the day so special for us. Don't fail to get Radek for your guide if you can.

1  Thank heitkotter