All reviews city centre enjoyed our stay reception staff quiet location tram
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

We had a nice vacation
The location is good,free parking, beds are comfy, friendly staff however i had to ask 3 times for a crib for my baby.
What i didn't like : no slippers, toothbrush and toothpaste you have to buy them and the internet was slow.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 December 2017

Stayed here in October and am completely disgusted. Was accommodated in a dirty room - there were hairs all over the bathroom and the sheets, dirty towels, dust everywhere, dirty floor plus the sink in the bathroom was clogged and as it was late at night I placed one of my own towels on the bed so I could sleep. The next morning I went to Reception and reported all that and kindly asked for my room to be cleaned (8am). Returned to the hotel at 7pm only to see that the room was in the same condition. No one even bothered to clean it up ot at least change the bedding. After making a scene at Reception and waiting for an hour I demanded for my room to be changed. No manager on duty the entire time I stayed at the hotel.
The food was absolutely disgusting! Always cold and tasting horribly. Lobby area was also very dirty...mud all over the place. The girl at Reception was really rude and unwilling to help. I myself work in a 4* hotel as a manager and was utterly horrified. Restaurant staff also very rude and unfriendly. Made me feel like I owed them an apology for wanting to order a beer.
This hotel is an absolute disgrace!! Nothing like the pictures you see on the internet. Seems like no work has been done to it since it was built!
I am never going back there and sugget that no one else ever does. If you want to have a nice holiday do not stay at this hotel.
DISGUSTED!!

Room tip: Do not stay here! It is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in!
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

A dirty rooms, dirty pilowcases, bad bad smelling in the room, i let the window all day opened. The hotel manager was rude. No fridge, no safe box. it is definitely not a 4 * hotel, mabey 2* it is enough.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2017

At the time of visiting, there were road works in the street surrounding Hotel Michael so we had to follow diversions around the block to get to the hotel.

It was quite late when we arrived but there were still people drinking in the bar. The staff were friendly and booked us in quite quickly. The lift in the hotel was tiny, it could only really take two people at a time.

Our room was ok, looked similar to a Travelodge kind of hotel, basic but functional. There was an empty mini bar, no air con, which was a shame as it was a hot night. They should have provided fans if there's no air con.

The bed was big enough and comfortable but the TV was terrible. It had been branded with the hotel name, the picture quality was really poor and I don't think it was in a good electrical condition as it was making a loud high pitch whine. My ears are very sensitive to high pitch noises so we had to turn it off.

At breakfast, the juice tasted watered down, there was these weird bread rolls shaped like croissants, some sort of coleslaw or pasta salad. I wouldn't really recommend it. We didn't even bother eating anything.

There was some kids toys about and it did look like a good budget hotel for a family.

There was a barrier down to get out of the car park, perhaps for security so I don't know whether they have issues with theft in that area?

I wouldn't recommend this hotel unless you're on a really tight budget and don't mind putting up with a couple of issues.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank mancmanomyst
Jiri B, Manažer at Michael Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Hello,
Thank you for the hotel review. Your opinion is important to us.
We are constantly working to improve our services.
We hope you will visit us again in the future to make sure we remove any shortcomings
With Best Regards

Jiří Bezděk

Reviewed 5 August 2017

When you see the pictures on Expedia it looks incredibly luxurious and well kept, and you think it must be true since it bears four stars...
I'm afraid I've never seen anything more misleading than this in my entire travelling life.
First of all be ready to have problems finding it: the GPS doesn't recognises the address. And not even local taxi drivers know where it is exactly.
The rooms are average, for a barely three starred. Let's not talk about the bathrooms... they don't even have a hook to hold the shower arm, Oh! And get ready to squat in the old bath in order to shower...
Breakfast is very good though.
The night porter - a girl -was very helpful.
Although all in all I must say I wasn't impressed at all.
I'm sorry, but if you give people expectations you must make sure to meet those standards. Or expect disappointment.
One more thing: in the morning there were about 15 Russian policemen with wives and children, in official cars, making a bit of a mess on the terrace.
Entertaining for sure, but rather threatening...

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Hello,
Thank you for the hotel review. Your opinion is important to us.
We are constantly working to improve our services.
With Best Regards