“Both for touristic and business purposes” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Sovereign

Hotel Sovereign
Ranked #83 of 667 Hotels in Prague
Bolu, Turkey
“Both for touristic and business purposes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

I stayed there for one leisure night during a business trip. I am really delighted for making such a good choice. First of all the price was moderate but the services offered were comprehensive. My room was of mediocre size but the high ceiling provided sufficient space. Location close to the station; you need to walk 10 minutes to arrive at the historic center. But please know that the neighbourhood is quite lively with bars, restaurants, trendy shops; so walking here means actually spending good time. The hotel has a dash of italian gusto, so does the nice restaurant. In the rooms I was surprised to see a wide selection of bottled mineral water for an affordable price. This was lovely. No negative feedback; everything was rewarding my choice. I absolutely recommend.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Robert L, General Manager at Hotel Sovereign, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
Valued guest,
we are really glad to see your review that gives us the prove that our way we go is the right one. We are looking forward to welcome you or our friends to our hotel soon again.
With best regards
Hotel Sovereign Prague Team
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Amiens, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

We had a wonderful stay, my partner and I, in this hotel. The rooms (bedroom and bathroom) are clean, the breakfast is plentiful, the hotel is quiet, and we benefited from a reduction.
The only shadow was, when we were back in Germany, the hotel sent me a mail saying they took money from my credit card for a bottle of champaign we didn't drink... it is not so much for the amount of money than for the gesture. We declared all what we drank and ate from the minibar, so why we shouldn't have declared this bottle (no more expensive than other food and drinks we had)?

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Maistasse
Valued guest,
Thank you very much for your kind review that always helps us improve the quality of our services. We are glad to hear that you were satisfied with our services during your stay. We are really sorry for the misunderstanding that happened after your stay. Our house keeping takes carefully the record of the minibar consumption from every room. As the setup of the minibar selection is the same in every room and every day the discrepancy that you mention in your review should normally not occur. Should this be a case of a human mistake we would like to apologize for the inconvenience and it is your right to disclaim the charge. It is our aim to find always a suitable solution so that you will keep our hotel in positive memory hoping to have the opportunity to welcome you in our hotel again.
With best regards
Team of the Sovereign Hotel Prague
Horsham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

This was a hotel chosen for a for a two day break.
It could not have been better.
The front desk staff are charming and created an atmosphere of calm confidence.
Nothing was too much trouble.
The rooms were very clean and of good quality.
Value was great.
Overall one of the best city centre hotels I have stayed in.
The breakfast were more than adequate. Large self serve selections both hot and cold.
The front desk staff organised site-seeing trip and concert visit.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Gary J
Bratislava
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

I was in Prague for computer training. Booking accomodation just 2 days before arrival. I found this 4 star hotel for reasonable price. Located near railway station (I arrived by train) and close to my venue in the city center. I was welcomed by great welcome drink and very polite personal. Rooms are renovated, nicely decorated. Spacious and well equiped. Wireless internet works fine. Breakfast was great, broad choice of food. Excelent food.

Prague is marvelous city. In combination with this hotel you make your stay even better. From railway or metro station 200 metres from the hotel, you can reach many places not only in Prague, but in Czech republic.

Room Tip: Hotel is in quiet area, so you do not need to have special requirements for room location.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Tibor P
SAO PAULO, BRAZIL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

When in Prague, I normally choose hotels close to Central train station (Praha Hlavni Nadrazi), as I always need to travel between cities. Last week I tried this hotel, and for sure I will be back. Front Desk staff is incredibly efficient, and always serve you with smile (one of the hardest things to find in Prague).

Hotel room was fine, very cozy, and fully equiped. I stayed at 3rd floor, Room 311, facing Politickych Veznu street, but without any noise inside the room, due to noise reduction windows.

I also tried the restaurant, Mr A, as I was impressed by the great ambient during breakfast, which was also very good. Meal was very very tasty, and flawless service.

2 small negative points about this hotel: mattress (too soft to me), and internet connection (slow). Apart from these details, everything was absolutely perfect. Will definatelly come back!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business