“Magical!”

Mandarin Oriental, Prague
Ranked #23 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Our stay was magical... We loved Mandarin Oriental Prague and the quality of service!!!
The Hotel Management and staff offered impeccable attention and care.
We would like to thank all of Mandarin Oriental Prague's staff in general and the GM very particularly for looking after us so amazingly. It was truly a Mandarin experience!!!

Definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for such a lovely and warm comment following your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague. As guest satisfaction is our goal number one, I am delighted to read you loved the hotel as well as the service.

It has been a pleasure to look after you during your stay. You can be assured all your comments have been shared with my team.

I am very much looking forward to your next visit.

Warm regards,

General Manager, Mandarin Oriental, Prague

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Mandarin Oriental, Prague

Reviewed 2 May 2012

The hotel is in Male Strane, off Charles bridge northern path, in a bit remote place. The ancient monastery architecture has been nicely emphasized, especially considering the challenge to fit-in a 5 star hotel into this kind of demanding building.
Fodd is great, but quite pricey though: other 5* hotels in Prague also show good efforts for less expensive bills.
The spa is great, but some could regret the absence of swimming pool.
Bedrooms are probably the best you can find in Prague: top quality finishing, large -or at least very decent- bathrooms, and super quiet for a grood rest...

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this review regarding your stay with us. I am thrilled to read you enjoyed every aspect of our hotel and especially delighted with your comment regarding the rooms.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Prague.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 29 April 2012 via mobile

An excellent hotell, location, rooms and spa! Perfect combination of history, beautiful buildings, delicious food and luxury. The only thing that can be improved is the service in the restaurant.. Would definetely go back!

• Stayed: April 2012
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2012

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your impression regarding your stay with the tripadvisor community.

I am thrilled you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel, as well as our cuisine. Regarding our restaurant service, please rest assured that your comment is very important to us, and I have therefore taken the liberty of contacting you directly via the TripAdvisor message service.

We look forward to your next visit.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 27 April 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Mandarin Oriental Prague April 15-17, 2012. It is a small, luxury boutique hotel, and situated in a great location. It's convenient to many shops and restaurants, and just a few blocks from the Charles Bridge and Old Prague Square/Market. It's also only about 2 blocks from the river, where you can hitch a ride on one of the many riverboats that ply the Vltava River.

We felt the service at the Madarin Oriental was top-notch; and all the staff were very polite and helpful; especially the concierge. Our room was very spacious and quiet, with a window facing the courtyard. The bed was so comfortable, we slept like babies every night. Nice amenities in the bathroom, and the turn-down service that included bottled water each night was a nice touch.

Breakfast was included, and they have a very nice buffet with many choices, and the food quality was very good, with the possible exception of the scrambled eggs.

Our only complaint is that they charge for WiFi. Really? We just walked two blocks away to use the free WiFi at Starbucks; but they also do have a business center with two computers that you can use free of charge, so that all worked out very well.

All in all, we really enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The location of the hotel is in a very quiet neighborhood, but request a courtyard room, and you wil...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank R0undTheWorldGirl

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for such an extensive and enthusiastic review regarding your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague. I was truly delighted to read how much you seem to have enjoyed our hotel. You can rest assured your compliments have been shared with my colleagues who were as thrilled as I am.

We are sincerely looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 17 April 2012

We have stayed at the Mandarin Oriental for Valentine’s Day 2012, the service was so good that we decided to have our wedding at this place. I have to be honest I was a bit afraid having a European wedding in an Asian hotel chain but when I met the event coordinator “Lucie” and then the chef of the restaurant I was amazed by their willingness to do things for us. My wife and I have an allergy for dairy products, after expressing this worry they worked on a menu especially for us. We were very pleased because who would want to be hospitalized through his wedding. Food was delicious, our wedding cake was a chocolate mud cake made especially with dark chocolate for us. I still feel it on my tongue. Yummy….
All I can say is that everyone in the hotel is SUPER friendly, the building is an old monastery at is has its charm, the rooms are beautiful, even the single rooms are very comfortable and open spaced. The building has thick walls so privacy is guaranteed. We did not try the spa but a lot of visitors where recommending it to us, we were just too exhausted from the celebration to do it.
They made our special day really special to us. We have also been upgraded to a Presidential Penthouse Suite because our room which we chosen previously was still occupied. This definitely won my attention I fainted when I saw that their sound system in the room is Bang & Olufsen ohh my god! Yes to all of you men sound lovers.
I can’t say enough about the view from the rooms any window you were looking out was something spectacular to see, and the summer terrace on the top with the castle view is amazing.
I have spent over 200 nights in different hotels around the world for the last few years traveling also in Asia but the Mandarin Oriental Prague was surprisingly between the top 10 experiences I had. (This is not because we have been offered the Presidential Penthouse Suite, I stayed and such a rooms before, they are simply REALLY GOOD!)
I want to Thank to Mandarin’s management and all its employees who participated in making our day special. YOU should be teaching customer services to all other chains! WELL DONE!

Room Tip: there are no bad rooms the hotel is a great place to relax
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank very much for such a lovely, extensive and appreciative comment. We are honoured you chose our hotel to celebrate your wedding. Nothing makes us happier than knowing that we managed to make your stay memorable, especially for your very special day.

Your compliments are source of motivation to all of us; needless to say, I passed your comments on to Lucie. I sincerely hope that after this auspicious beginning, your marriage will prove to be a long and happy union, and everyone on our team is very much looking forward to welcoming you and your wife back to our “little jewel.“

With my very best personal wishes and greetings to yourself and your lovely wife,

Sincerely yours,