Stayed here for 3 nights in April. Room was a bit small and dark but was fine for a base. Furniture a bit too dark for size of the room but think they are looking for the Gothic theme. Very clean and bed was comfortable although pillows were a bit lumpy. Mini bar available but only used to keep beer cool which we bought from local shop. Only two "English" teabags which weren't replaced, The rest were herbal and no coffee or milk and but nice lady on reception made me a mug of tea which was very welcome. Take your own if you like a drink in your room. No jacuzzi bath in our room only a spa shower which was great. Breakfast was fine. Typical continental but plenty to choose from. Breakfast room seemed a bit chaotic, again too much furniture. Hotel is non smoking but a pretty little courtyard was available, Staff were most helpful and always friendly; can't praise them enough. Tram stop across the road which takes about 10 minutes into the main city. Cheap and frequent. A few small local shops and a Lidl across the road for supplies. I would stay at this hotel again. Prague is a beautiful city and we probably missed a lot of the sights due to time constrictions. Weather was 29 degrees for our entire 4 days. I would ask for a room facing the railway line. While it may be noisier I think it would be brighter. Our room faced the courtyard wall so not a lot of light.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the center of Prague, in a historical building right under the walls of Vysehrad Prague Castle and its gardens, a few steps away from the Charles Square, the "King Charles" is the renaissance-style boutique hotel residence offering an unforgettable hospitality experience. Inspired by the romance of Rococo era, and reminiscent of a private chamber in a knight's castle, King Charles' 35 guest rooms feature antique replica mahogany furniture, crystal and brass light fixtures, and luxury bathrooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your King Charles Boutique Hotel Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- King Charles Boutique Prague
- King Charles Boutique Hotel Prague