“Nice convenient hotel in a heart of Prague”
Review of Archibald City

Archibald City
Ranked #105 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 24 June 2012

We stayed at Archibald City hotel for 3 nights in June. It's a very nice, very clean hotel, located close enough to all the tourist attractions, yet away from major traffic and noise. It's within 5-minutes walking distance from Wenceslas square, 10 minute walk to Hlavny Nadrazy (Main rail station), 15 minute walk to the Old Town square. There're some adult shops in the neighborhood, yet we felt completely safe walking to our hotel pretty late at night. Lots of cafes,pubs and restaurants nearby. The hotel itself is very clean: our room, bathroom and linens were spotless! The reception desk staff was multilingual, friendly and helpful with dining suggestions and directions. A few weeks prior to our trip, we had to change our reservations. We communicated with the hotel via email, and they replied promptly. The hotel provides free wi-Fi, two computers in the lobby. A very good buffet breakfast was included in our price. Just a few things to note: the directions to the hotel were a little confusing for first time Prague visitors. The directions tell you how to get to the hotel from the Museum metro station, however, the station has more than one exit. But once you become oriented, the hotel is very easy to find. Another thing to note, the bathtub is very narrow-to the point that it's hard to stay and not slip. Other than that, it is a very good hotel, perfect for exploring beautiful Prague.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
petra050, Manager at Archibald City, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Dear Guests,
on behalf of Archibald hotel I would like to Thank you so much for taking time to share your positive impressions from your recent stay through Tripadvisor with us and others travellers. I really appreciate your more than kind words written about our staff and services. I am happy that you were satisfied with our location as well and thanks a lot also for your notice for improvement, I can assure you that we´ll try to do something with it...
Best regards from Prague to Minnesota,
Petra Sudlikova

Reviewed 17 May 2012

We stayed 6 nights at this hotel May 2012. I have visited Prague also 2009. Archibald City Hotel is very comfortable hotel. Our room was clean, air-conditioning was very good and breakfast was excellent. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Staying at this hotel is great value for money! Location was very good and all sights was near and easy to go by walking. It was also easy to go from airport to hotel by public transports (by bus and metro). If I go to Prague some year again, I will choose this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank MinnaMay

Dear Guests,
first of all I would like to Thank you for choosing our hotel for your spring stay in Prague. I am really happy that you were satisfied with your choice. Thank you for mentioning cleanliness and breakfast as well - it´s always pleasure for me to read this kind of feedback. If you´ll have a chance come back to Prague in future, we´ll be happy to welcome you here!
Kind regards to Helsinki,
Petra Sudlikova

Reviewed 13 May 2012

I stayed for 4 nights at the Archibald City Hotel while attending a conference at the nearby Czech Academy of Sciences. The hotel infrastructure was very good: modern, comfortable, effective air-conditioning in my room, within 5 minutes' walk of Wenceslas Square. (I see another review says 9 minutes to Wenceslas Square -- that's a slow walker!) The only weakness was the breakfast, which was only o.k. The hotel staff were friendly, efficient and helpful throughout my stay.

I had an annoying problem at checkout when their computer system did not seem to know that I had prepaid my stay through a booking website and it took a long while to get this sorted out, but the check-out clerk was courteous throughout. The booking website said afterwards that this was the fault of the hotel....I don't know.

If I were visiting Prague again I'd be happy to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Martin S
Marek C, Manager at Archibald City, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post this review and share your impressions from your stay at Archibald City.
Please accept my apology concerning your check out. Your feedback was discussed with Front office manager.
I sincerely hope to see you again at Archibald City hotel.

Best wishes from Prague
Marek Coufal - Hotel Manager

Reviewed 6 May 2012

We just returned from 3 nights at this hotel. The immediate area was OK, as it sits just outside the touristy district. I timed the walk to Wenceslas Square - 9 minutes. Not bad.

The breakfast was OK - I've had worse, but could have been much better. Fried and scrambled eggs were only just edible, sausage and bacon OK, orange juice watery, coffee the worst I've had in Europe (so I drank tea), cheese and fruit OK. The staff answered our questions, but were not real warm (except for the clerk who greeted us on arrival - sorry, I don't remember his name). The room was comfortable enough.

We got a good price ($83 USD), and it was about what I expected. The savings made up for any shortcomings, and we didn't spend a lot of time in the room anyway.

As far as the other reviews that mentioned the sex shops in the area - yes, they're there, but we never felt unsafe. We live in Chicago, in the city, so this was no big deal.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Marek C, Manager at Archibald City, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2012

Dear Guest,
let me thank you for your feedback, I very appreciate it.
I would like to assure you that your comments regarding the bad quality of coffee will be discussed with our food & beverage manager.
I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

With my best regards from Archibald City.
Marek Coufal - Hotel Manager

Reviewed 3 April 2012

I stayed here with a friend at the beginning of the Christmas markets and was really impressed the with the hotel and staff especially given the price we had paid.

The room was clean, quiet and a good size with free wifi and breakfast (which was excellent with everything you could possibly want from bread and croissants to eggs and bacon being served up at the buffet).

It was in a quieter area of prague but very close to everything you could need to get to and if us, you like walking, then absolutely everything is within walking distance and we could easily walk to all of the Christmas markets.

The hotel staff were extremely helpful and had good local knowlegde, pointing us in the direction of good local cheap restaurants.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Marek C, Manager at Archibald City, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

Dear Guest,
thank you very much for taking time to share your experiences of your stay at Archibald City hotel. I am happy to read that you enjoyed a service provided by hotel staff and convenient location.

I look forward to welcome you back in our hotel.

Kindest Regards