“Lida BB made my visit to Prague great!”
Review of Lida Guest House

and 1 more site!
Lida Guest House
Ranked #8 of 363 Prague B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 March 2012

My family and I were visiting Prague from Germany. We chose Lida because of the recent reviews and the proximity to the city center. When we got to Prague, we couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised with the service from Jan, one of the owners. He met us at entrance, helped us with bags, and immediately began helping us plan our visit. I'm not exagerating, we had no plan when we arrived. Jan helped made sure we saw the best parts of Prague, but also helped us with navigating the subway and above ground train which turned out to be very close and simple to use. Jan helped us with everything from transportation to restaurants and helping us find a church service in the area. At first, I was a little concerned about the location when I arrived as there is plenty of graffiti around. By the time we left, we weren't the least bit worried about walking around at any time of the day or night. A few more notes about the trip, we found the family suite to be very family friendly and big enough for two adults and two children, plus more if we needed.

Room Tip: Just take recommendations from the owners. Be ready to use public transportation to get to the main...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank cusacsr
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 12 March 2012

We have spent 3 great days in Prague on the Spring school holidays. We were in this B&B for the second time after several years and were again fully satisfied. It is in quiet place but at the same time in short distance from Metro station. You can visit Vysehrad area by walk easily. The hosts are all the time ready to help you with everything, public transportation tickets, advise with sightseeing, arrange tickets for theatre or concerts. The three bed room was big enough and clean with shower. The breakfast with reach variety of food. We spent three days in Prague visiting Old Town, Castle, observation deck of TV tower, and many other places.
We enjoined nice sunny weather of coming spring very much. We hope to come again.

Room Tip: Some rooms are in older part of building and new rooms are oriented in quiet garden - there you can...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Ladislav H
Reviewed 27 February 2012

The guest house was recommended in Rick Steve's book which was one of the main reason I chose this place. I always preferred to stay in the B&B as I feel that it gives you an opportunity to have a chat with the locals and meet fellow travelers.

I arranged pick-up from the train station and transport to the airport which was at an affordable rate. The guest house can also change currency with you which is at the same/better rates than the money changers in the city. The room was very spacious but the bed was a bit too hard for me. There was a strange knocking noise coming from the bathroom which only happened at night and I never managed to figure the reason for it even after staying for 3 nights.

The hosts were very friendly (unlike the usual Czechs I met) and are able to give you tips and recommendations. Tried out the dining options that was recommended by the hosts but the food was average. One restaurant in fact only allow me to order from the tourist menu and not from the usual menu. While the rates were not expensive but on hindsight, I would prefer a place nearer to the city centre as it can been tedious going back to the guesthouse each day after walking around the city the whole day.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ysouk
Reviewed 6 February 2012

We booked this B&B because of its excellent reviews here, and we were not disappointed. Jan is a true professional and he takes care of everything: metro tickets, restaurant and tour advice, even currency exchange! We stayed in the small double room, which was by no means tiny. The room was very clean and the antique furniture charming. The neighbourhood is tree-lined and very quiet. The metro is a pleasant 10-minute walk away. The location may appear a little out of the way, but we did not at all find it inconvenient. We really liked being able to get away from the crowded downtown at the end of the day.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank rabbitova
Reviewed 20 January 2012

The place is nice and the guests are kind people ready to guide you.
I have been there for 4 nights around the New Year's Eve (2011-2012) .
In every night for 4-5 hours the heating radiator stopped. We (me and my wife) announced from the first night the owner of the house but the situation was the same!
Imagine a room with 2 glass walls without heat in winter!!!!!! The only thing that we have notice was that the interval without heat was to a different time.
I would NOT go there in winter!

Room Tip: Dont go in the rooms with glass wals.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple