All reviews bed sheets free towels great location reception desk room was clean city
Reviewed 23 January 2017

We stayed two nights at the AZ Hostel. The most positive thing it has going for it, its both its location and price. It is a 10 minute walk to the Old Town Plaza and Astronomical clock. Bathrooms are shared per floor, and there are Individual Showers that are also found outside of the rooms. The hostel is next to what seemed to be a social club so it would get rather loud at night. The beds are kind of uncomfortable, and the overall cleanliness is questionable. If you are looking for something affordable and can overlook certain items, that this is a good choice. If you are a clean freak, can not sleep in uncomfortable beds, and are a light sleeper, you should probably look elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 December 2016

Good hostel, but a little lowly. Shared bathroom and showers are for both male and female, which I think is quite akward. They do not have a nice common area for meeting other guests. I recommend this hostel because it is cheap, but it is really no big deal. Good thing is that they offer free bed linen, free security box at the reception and free towels. The elevator is creepy.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 September 2016

This is the worst hostel I ever stayed at, you can hear someone sneeze down the hallway when you're in your bed. The entire place stinks, our bedroom smelled like pee, so bad that we had to buy air freshener...

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2016

I’m huge fan of hostel…. This is my favorite. Easy breezy beautiful..
Great location, nearby to all tourist attraction and public transportation. As well as the MAIN TRAIN STATION.
I don’t bother for the other guest complaint about the Toilet, The kitchen at all… for me I enjoyed my stay to this AZ hostel this is my 2nd home in Prague.

whether you like it or not...this affordable accommodation designed for a budget traveler like me.

Room Tip: Do not rely to comments only. see it to believe it...
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 June 2016

We stayed at the AZ Hostel in one of the dorm rooms with 6 bunks or so. As this was a stag do we had low expectations and booked the cheapest hotel/hostel we could find. The room was DISGUSTING. It was dirty, very damp, it smelt horrible and the duvets and pillows inside the cases were FULL of stains and were very old. On top of this there was a demolition of the building next door starting every morning (including Sunday) at around 7am. The only reason this is not a "terrible" review is because the reception staff were extremely friendly and understanding (not to mention patient with a 12 person stag do).

Room Tip: Apparently the separate rooms are much nicer and have their own bathrooms. I recommend you try these.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends