Really unique hotel just in the very heart of Prague. 5 mins walk from famous Charles Bridge. With some rooms with view over Vltava River and Hradcany Castle. Mr Mozart used to stay in that buiding. Some rooms beautifully decorated with wall paintings and frescs on celings (eg room 102). If you are looking for something very romantic and elegant - go there. Actually hotel consists of 2 parts. The palace one inside with more decorative rooms but no castle / river view and outside part with entrance from the street - spacious rooms with magnificent view over Prague. Nice inside courtyard with some sculptures when you can relax.
The staff is very correct and accurate. If you ask they will follow your request. However wish to have a more smile and warm from them !!!. That would be great enough to have an excellent opinion about Pachtuv Palace.
Restaurant Amade - according to me is not corresponding in style to the rest of hotel and should be renowated into 'palace' restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Smetana Hotel (formerly Pachtuv Palace) is located in a prime location in the heart of the city and is closely linked with great names of the music world like Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, ancient and contemporary celebrities. Steps away from Charles Bridge, within easy walking distance to all major landmarks of the Prague. Pachtuv Palace provides an average room size of 65 sqm, fantastic views, air-conditioning, kitchenettes, free internet, fitness room, in-room massages and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Smetana Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mamaison Pachtuv Palace Prague
- Mamaison Pachtuv Palace Hotel Prague