This was our second visit to Prague and by far the most memorable. We decided this time around to find somewhere a little more unique to stay, and I can say without any hesitation that this hotel was perfect for us in every way. We had prearranged with the hotels staff to be picked up at the airport by there driver Milan, which saved getting the bus, train and tram. The car pulled up at the hotel 25 minutes later and about 100 meters from the Vlatava River and the famous Charles Bridge. Our loft apartment was on the forth floor and was exactly as we had seen in the photos. It offered everything we needed. A very comfy bed, and a nice big bath. It also had a tv, dvd player,fridge and was very clean.Its a beautifully unique design with all of its wooden beams and angled walls and the best of all was the view from the window. If your keen,you can step out and sit on a ledge and have stunning views of the Prague Castle and St Nicolaus Church. The hotel offers an included buffet breakfast in the cafe adjoining, but will also cook you up some eggs, bacon and sausages if your feeling extra hungry. Our waiter Peter was very friendly and extremely accommodating. The hotel staff were just fantastic and were very happy to help out with any request. You can also get travel tickets from reception and there is an ATM machine conveniently right next door. The best thing of all for us was the location. Only a short walk across the bridge you will find yourself in Old Town Square and be witness to some simply stunning sites. There are 100s of wonderful restaurants in Prague, many within minutes of the hotel. If you are looking for something special, just ask one of the staff members. The Thai Restaurant Mona recommended was one of the best we have been too. I could write so much more about our stay with here at the Domas Balthasar. Wonderful location, wonderful staff and a destination well worth going back too. Our sincere thanks to all of the staff for making our stay just perfect. A special thanks goes to Mona whose generosity, attitude and smile captured our hearts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Design hotel Domus Balthasar is a baroque building with medieval foundation and 21st century design, situated on the Royal Route, in the heart of the oldest and most romantic part of Prague - Lesser Quarter (Mala Strana), few steps from Charles Bridge, close to Old Town and Prague Castle. Domus Balthasar is nearly of all most popular sights within easy reach on foot or by tram. Although is situated in the centre, also in a neighborbood of nicest parks. Business centers easily accessible. It is the ideal place for a holiday as well as for an enjoyable business trip. The building's history goes back to the 14th century, though the fittings are either modern or timeless. We do our best to respect history while at the same time respecting the current needs and tastes of our guests. Our interiors are made warm by wooden, atypical furniture with clean lines in dark colours which combines well with the light, creamy tones of the carpets, curtains and other decorations. Hotel has 8 rooms including 2 Double attic rooms, 3 generously spacious deluxe double rooms, 2 Suites with kitchenette and 1 Royal. Please notice our historic house uniquely located within an UNESCO listed World Heritage Site does not have an elevator. Due to a lower ceiling Attic double rooms are not recommended for people taller than 1,80 m/6 feet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Domus Balthasar Design Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Domus Balthasar Design Prague
- Domus Balthasar Design Boutique Hotel