“Amazing!”

Ranked #102 of 650 Hotels in Prague
Wakefield
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I have difficulty comprehending some of the negative comments posted!
A party of four of us stayed for five nights, April 1st thru’ April 5th 2012.
We stayed in the top floor suite (#602) and were amazed by the space afforded to us.
They say a picture tells a thousand words, so I have attempted to upload some! I hope they work!
The top floor suite comprises two bedrooms (one a double, one a twin), each with loads of storage space.
Two bathrooms, one with a walk-in shower (plus toilet and sink), the other with a bath (shower over), toilet, bidet and sink. Hairdryers/towels/soap etc all supplied.
Note the smaller bathroom does have a problem in that the window is totally unprotected, and people on an adjacent balcony can see straight in…we have drawn this problem to the attention of Management.
Similarly, because the suite is six storeys up, the hot water pressure is very low. I am sure Management are aware of this and are dealing with the problem. It is no huge inconvenience if you plan your bath-time well in advance!!
There is a well equipped kitchen, with tea/coffee making facilities, fridge (which is also the ‘mini-bar’ – and very reasonably priced it is, too), freezer, dish washer, cooker, table, chairs. Note there is no microwave, but you can request one. There is an ample supply of crockery/cutlery (although we did have to ask for wine glasses!! Which arrived promptly)
There is a large dining room (with a put-you-up settee and a desk/chair), a large lounge, with a big TV.
AND there is your own private roof terrace – I say terrace, patio would be a better description, but what a view…it is, after all, six storeys up!
Don’t forget this is a hotel, so the suite is serviced daily! It’s like having your own maid in your flat!
We found the staff very helpful, especially at the reception desk – they went out of their way to deal with queries.

And so to breakfast…ok so the language barrier proved a little ’amusing’ from time to time, but what the hell, we were in a foreign country!

‘Cooked’ was limited to eggs (fried/boiled/scrambled) and bacon (done almost like pork scratchings, but that’s how I like it!)
BUT the cold choice (in addition to cooked if you wanted it) was quite amazing – including (and I am sure I have forgotten some) cereal, bread (do your own toast), rolls, cheese, ham (and other meats), pate, salad, fruit, juices etc etc…
As much coffee as you can drink…prepare your own tea (multiple choice), toast, jams etc.
All in all a veritable feast to set you up!!
As I’ve said, we had the top floor (‘penthouse’) suite and, to a person, slept soundly (apart from the noisy antics of some guests on the last night). Indeed, it was quite a novelty to open the windows on a morning to listen to the rush hour!

AND it cost me less than a thousand euros for five nights, for a two bedroom/two bathroom suite for four people, including breakfast, virtually in the middle of Prague.

I highly recommend Hotel Suite Prague…but do go for the top floor suite!!

Room Tip: Fork out the extra for the top floor!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
MichalPazout, General Manager at Hotel Suite Home Prague, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to see that you have enjoyed our Prague view Suite Apartment. We are working very hard to ensure that our guests needs are met and appreciate the positive and constructive feedback provided on your review. I will make sure that the window in the bathroom is covered as soon as possible to have higher privacy.
We hope to welcome you back soon in Prague feel free to contact me personally on your next visit so that I can ensure you get a VIP experience again.
Warmest Regards, Martina Lazarova, General Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Lejre, Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We were staying 4 night in Suite Home hotel appartment with 2 teenagers. The appartment was very suitable for our 4-person familiy: The surroundings were silient and the view to Prague old center was just amazing with the lights lit on the Prague Castle. I can really recommend this hotel and the friendly staff.

Room Tip: Very good appartments available for families. I guess appr. 55 m2. Very luxuorius bathroom and clean...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Claus P
MichalPazout, General Manager at Hotel Suite Home Prague, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
I appreciate the time you took to write your wonderful review of our hotel. I see you enjoyed the view to the Old City and the Prague Castle. We are centrally located and because of that you can get anywhere within 5 minutes. I really appreciate your kind words and will be sure to let the staff know you enjoyed our hospitality.
We hope to have you back here with us again soon!
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Just back from 6 nights at this hotel . Booked a superior room thru Booking.com, who told us that these rooms had a balcony or terrace. When we arrived,our superior room was lovely, but no outside space, so back to the receprion to see what they would say. After ringing the manager on our behalf we were given one of the 6th floor apartments as compensation. This was absolutely beautiful with a lovely terrace upstairs overlooking the whole of Prague. No heating,hot water or internet access but this was quickly rectified - all done with courtesy and a smile. This was the best in customer care that I have come across in many years of travelling. Breakfast was very good, plenty of everything,with the added bonus of bacon and eggs if you wished .Again, all served with a smile.
Prague itself, like many easily accessible cities is now overcrowded with tourists and the usual stag and hen parties (mainly British) But this only slightly dampened our spirits when trying to cut through the inevitable umbrella lead groups.
There a quite a few hotels within walking distance of the sights of Prague, but I have no hesitation in recommending this one. I would be very surprised to find better value for money or more helpful staff than here.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
MichalPazout, General Manager at Hotel Suite Home Prague, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review. It is very valuable that you informed us about misleading description of our Superior Suite on one of our partners web. Only some Superior Suites have balcony and all Deluxe Suites have balcony. We have asked our partner to correct it.
It sounds as if you enjoyed the terraces in Prague View Suite and beautiful views as much as we do! I still marvel how beautiful the Prague is from here. We all still take photos from our terrace too
We try to do our best to exceed your expectations and make your stay special and I am now very proud of my team. We are happy that you had enjoyable stay in Prague.
Look forward to seeing you again on your return visit.
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We are a gay couple in our early thirties came to Prague for a relaxing get away. Chose Hotel Suite Home initially on value for money and mainly good feedback on trip advisor.

Location is excellent. 10 minutes walk from Wenclas Square and Old Town Hall Square. Trams are very near by but unless you can't walk far no need to use them. Although on a main road it is not too noisy and does not interfere whilst in your room.

The rooms are big and bright with large windows. We didn't really use the kitchen as it is so cheap to eat out all the time if you keep away from the restaurants on the main squares. The rooms are immacately clean with a very comfy bed.

Staff are very friendly and well presented with smart uniforms. Breakfast is continental style with the option of eggs and bacon. The range of cereals is very good quality and lots of great meats and cheese. One of the best continental breakfasts I have had.

Cannot think of any negatives with this hotel and would happily come back again. Looking forward to a summer trip when the weather is better.

• Stayed March 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We work hard to make your stays with us memorable and relaxing and I certainly hope to see you here with us again. Please let us know you are returning guests when you come back!
Knoxville
Reviewed 29 March 2012

We were in Prague six years ago, (not April 2011, but I had to put something in) and stayed at SuiteHomes. It was excellent all the way!
A few minutes walk to Wenceslas Square, meaning you have a nice, qiuet, peaceful location...and sleep! It has beautiful rooms, very spacious. The staff was superior. I am very pleased to say we are returning very soon, and I can't wait! I love suiteHomes, and Prague is our favorite city in Europe!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
MichalPazout, General Manager at Hotel Suite Home Prague, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you and I am glad you choose to stay with us. We are looking forward to see you again in our Hotel and beautiful city of Prague. We'll roll out the red carpet and try to top your last experience :-)