All reviews pavlova short stay public transport wi fi czechs heating
Reviewed 22 May 2017

Was there last week, nice walking 20 mins to Prague 1 but cost much less, wifi extra charge for each equipment not by room so I only paid to use just one iPhone, didn't get to use my tablet, friendly staffs, have security at night. They have safe box but also extra charges, no AC and fan didn't work. It's very loud from street if you opened the windows for air but overall I can't complain due to the price. I would stay here again but will ask for the room away from the street so that windows can be opened for air

Stayed: May 2017
Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

Normal hotel to stay with a family. I was in december so rooms were heated well,hot water was all the time, clean rooms, little tv, normal breakfast and free wifi in reception. Not the best hotel but normal for its price

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 March 2017

We stayed here for 3 nights.
This hotel is in a good location to visit Prague and you can get to the city center in about 20min walk without the need to use public transport. Just go straight and you will reach pedestrian area in the center. The downside is that it is on one of the boulevards leading from the city center and there is a lot of traffic. Our room was on the third floor facing the street and it was quite noisy. Although the windows in the room are new, they are very bad and traffic sounds almost the same when the windows are opened or closed. So this could be a sleeping problem for some people.
Aside from that, rooms are ok. Furniture is dated, but everything is ok and beds are very comfortable. TV in the room is very small and you will need a binocular to watch it from bed. Heating in the room can be manually adjusted and is working very well.
Breakfast is good. There is a lot to choose from and I think it should be ok for everyone.
Biggest let down for us was the internet in hotel. Free internet is available only at the reception area, and even there the signal is bad and it is very slow. I have a filling like they deliberetlty put it somewhere so that the signal is unable to reach any of the rooms. You can pay for the internet 3 Euros per day but this is per device! So for the two mobile phones and tablet/laptop you would need a lot of money. We found this quite expensive and didn't pay so I don't know if it is better than the one at the reception.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room ask for one looking at the yard
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dexter21
Reviewed 18 January 2017

Do not expect too much, but for one 2* hotel (according to me) it is a good choice for a short visit to Prague. Rooms are big and the beds are more than I was expected. I had a good sleep there, probably since I was walking almost the whole day, but all in all slept well. Bathroom is clean, has a hot water, enough clean towels, but there is no hairy drier. Room has safe box, but in my room it was not working. Since I was in December, the heating was great and in the room was really hot. TV is from 90s and it looks like a toy on a wall. Towels were changed daily.
Breakfast is poor, and if you come after 9 you will not have coffee and other things. A small sandwich can always be made, or scrambled eggs with sausage can be found if you are lucky.
Hotel is about 20 minutes on foot from city center, so the location is the best thing for this hotel.
WiFi is not free, and in public areas it is really poor signal.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank BesniLala
Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

Me and about 20 friends came here on a stag do in June and it was a lovely hotel with only a short walk to the old town and sights/bars had a great stay here no complaints and hopefully be back in the future

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank matthewsanderson1703
Lukáš S, Manažer at City Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2017

Dear Matthewsanderson1703,
First of all, We would like to thank you for your recent stay at CITY CLUB PRAGUE Hotel.
We will share your positive feedback with our associates.
We hope that you will stay with us again.

Thank you.