“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #6 of 670 Hotels in Prague
Edmonton, Canada
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

This hotel is on a quiet street--very comfortable room with nice decor. The staff are very pleasant and helpfu. The breakfast is excellent--good value for the room rate.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

This is located just 8 minutes from Wenceslas Square so you are near the center of things but just far enough away so that you don't feel like you are in a tourist area. The room consisted of a sleeping area, a separate sitting room, a bathroom, and plenty of closet space. There is free Wifi and an ethernet connection next to the bed. Breakfast is included in the first floor dining room and the choice is huge. The will make an omelet or scrambled eggs to order and provide espresso or regular coffee. Despite all this the distinguishing feature was the exemplary service by the staff. They responded to emails almost immediately, and upon arrival provided transportation, arranged a tour, gave recommendations, and were genuinely concerned that everything was to my satisfaction. I had not expected these accommodations for the price. When I return to Prague, this is where I fill stay.

Room Tip: I was told that if I return, I should request a room on the garden.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I came to hotel 16 on the first night of an almost 3 week trip to Czech Republic. When they learned I had booked 14 nights the next week in another hotel, they offered a very competitive price and it was definitely something to consider. When I arrived to the other hotel, I had so many disappointments that the next morning a cab was picking me up and driving me to Hotel 16. I was so happy to return and it felt like my new home away from home. I needed a kitchen to cook meals because of many food intolerances and they let me use the hotel kitchen and they definitely saved my trip to Prague.

On my two week stay I got to know each and every one of the employees that were well appointed and well trained by the owner and manager Michal. I will miss them all! One of the conditions of my stay was that because the hotel was almost fully booked on Easter weekend, I had to switch rooms, which was a small inconvenience. I got to stay in rooms 12, 22, 31 and 35.

My first impression of the hotel when I walked in was how it smelled clean and fresh. It is one of the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed in. The rooms are spotless and cleaned daily. The employees were very polite, courteous and efficient. They supply maps for free, and they sell postcards, stamps, and metro/tram tickets. The internet connection was pretty good. I was able to work online and stay in touch with family.

I loved all the rooms facing the garden with the trees and the birds. They are located between orange line Karlovo Namesti (10 minute walk) and red line I. P. Pavlova (5 minutes) metro stations. The location was perfect for me, far enough from the crowds and behind the oldest botanical garden in Prague: Charles University Botanical Gardens which became my sanctuary.

Getting to the Vltava River took me 10 minutes. All the most popular sites like Wenceslas Square and Charles Bridge were not my favorites but were all walking distance to the hotel. My favorites were the small Dvorak Museum at the Amerika house which was 5 minutes from the hotel and Viserhad with the cemetery, the church and the amazing views of the Vltava.

It was so pleasant to come back to the hotel every day and I felt safe because the front door is always locked and one has to ring to get in 24 hours a day. My only negative points were one day, one V.I.P. client was smoking in the bar / lobby and it stank the whole hotel. The beds are a little hard and the showers are small with not enough space to put shampoo and soap but those are such insignificant minor details compared to all that this hotel has to offer. There was construction next door but it was not constant and not too bad. I am usually bothered by noise but it was fine.

The free breakfast was excellent although I couldn't eat many of the offered items. I would go back there anytime and recommend it to anyone going to Prague who wants to be away from the crowds. Anything you want or need, don’t be shy to ask, they will never roll their eyes and they will do anything to make you have a pleasant stay and maybe save your trip to Prague!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the garden.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank BaseVinyl
Enschede
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Great hotel with very friendly staff! Very nice breakfast. Good location for the center of Prague and Charles University.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Red Bank, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

no complaints. we had a wonderful stay at Hotel 16 while visiting Prague. Friendly, helpful staff. Great breakfast. Great location for us (near daughter's apartment - studying abroad), convenient to tram.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family