All reviewsbedtime storyno elevatorweather forecastturn down servicesmall luggagefruit infused wateramethyst roomruby roomevery eveningold townsingle roomlittle touchesperfect locationsmall hoteltop floorfirst floorfavorite hotel
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed three nights at the Jewel and it is truly a Gem.
Originally booked because of a TripAdvisor recommendation, and I give it a 10 out of 10. This is a boutique hotel...the rooms,
All 10 or 11 of them are all unique. The beds are comfy and AIR CONDITIONING blows strong. You can sit by your large windows and watch the locals and tourists go about their business. The breakfast, included in our booking is one of the best I have had anywhere in the world....hands down. One can really tell the staff cares about you and your needs. Thanks to everybody at the Jewel for making our first visit to Prague memorable.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
vkunert, Manažer at Design Hotel Jewel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Dear Kaiandsarah,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued to us and thank you for rating us 10/10 :)
We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service and breakfast served at Jewel Café bar. Our staff members take their roles very seriously and try to provide that quality customer service that our guests deserve. It was our pleasure to welcome you at Design Hotel Jewel and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Prague!

Reviewed 23 May 2018

Don't let the main entrance through the bar/restaurant throw you, this is true to it's name, it's a gem of a hotel. The location couldn't be better--aAs other writers have shared it's an easy walk (as in 10-12 minutes) from the Old Town with a metro, tourist office and a wonderful gelato place all within a block--or less. I had a single room which while not huge, was just lovely and the bathroom was fantastic. They've gone out of their way to make this a special experience complete with robes, slippers, infused fruit water and a special dessert every evening. I was blown away. The staff was wonderful, they even offered to mail my postcard when I didn't have a chance to buy stamps. This is the kind of service you find in five star hotels. One note--another entry commented on the noise. I had a room facing the back (there was also an entrance/exit that way) and I didn't hear any noise. Simply put, I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Room Tip: I was on the first floor facing the back and it was very quiet
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Dear HannahJS1117,
Thank you very much for this really nice review! We are delighted our hotel atmosphere as well as the services provided by our dedicated team fully met your expectations. Indeed, our priority is to ensure you are spending an as comfortable and memorable stay as possible in our hotel.
Also, thank you for mentioning that there was no noise in the late night hours even though we are located in the heart of the city :)

So be certain that it was a real pleasure for our team to satisfy your needs. Our team already looks forward to welcoming you again soon to renew this great experience together.

Best regards,

Reviewed 18 May 2018

I stayed at the Design Hotel Jewel Prague for three nights . It met my expectations:
Pros:
-great location and atmosphere
-very polite and helpful staff
-neat and clean room
-delicious breakfast
Cons :
-very small room
For your consideration:
-no lobby
-no elevator

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo

Dear Adybeig,
Thank you very much for your review!

We appreciate your comment about our very central location, atmosphere, cleanliness, breakfast and also thank you your kind words about our staff and Jewel Café Bar & Restaurant.

Regarding "cons", our rooms truly are smaller size, we have a small reception and truly we only have a small luggage elevator (we always take care of guests luggage upon arrival and departure),
but to avoid any miss understanding our future guests receive an upcoming letter to be warned about the fact that we do not have an elevator and receive all needed info regarding our hotel including direct webpage where they can check each room separately with pictures attached and all the other information.

Reviewed 18 May 2018

This hotel is so pretty and quaint, I loved every minute of my stay here! The location was an easy walk from the train station and positioned perfectly for sight-seeing. I stayed in the single room on the top floor and loved all the space it had! Plus you can't beat the service there. Everyone was super friendly and I loved the bedtime stories and snack given out in the evenings. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo

Dear Jennifer M,
Thank you very much for your lovely review! We are really glad to read your full satisfaction about your stay with us and we are grateful to you for sharing this good experience here! It is our pleasure to fulfil our guests' expectations and ensure them a comfortable and memorable stay in our hotel. Rest assured it would be a great pleasure for us to welcome you again at Design Hotel Jewel, Prague!

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for 3 nights at the beginning of May (booked through Booking.com).
We bought a public transfer ticket (32CZK) and took the #119 bus from the airport to the metro stop, and then took that to Mustek metro stop. Very easy to find from the local metro station and situated in a lovely street in the city centre. Basically a 5-10 min walk from Charles Bridge, Old town etc.
The check in was swift, and the staff were very helpful with our bags and showing us to our room. We stayed in the Pearl room, which was on the top floor.
Be warned if you have any walking difficulties, this hotel does not have an elevator/lift! Only a small luggage lift to help take your small suitcase upstairs.
We didn’t have any problems with the stairs though and I quite welcomed the exercise after all the beer drinking and Czech food sampling!
The room itself was lovely and clean, and spacious with a small fridge, safe and en-suite.
Every evening the staff will leave you a bedtime story (a little gimmicky but hey ho), and some cookies or mini sweets; when they do turn down service.
They also leave a lovely bottle of fruit infused water every day as a nice way to rehydrate after exploring the city all day.
Breakfast was plentiful and you could choose buffet or select items from the a la Carte menu (all included in the room price).
They even offer a 10% discount in the bar for cocktails & various drinks which was a nice touch.
Would definitely recommend this hotel for your city break!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Caitlin587

Dear Caitlin,
Thank you for your review!
It is very nice to read your description of how easy it is to reach us from the airport by public transport, thank you for that.
Your kind words about our service, staff, rooms and cleanliness are highly appreciated.

We assume that not having an elevator is the only reason why we received 4/5 stars since everything was extremely positive, even though it was not a problem at all for you that we do not have one.

As mentioned many times before, we are located in a 14th century building where bigger elevator except for the luggage one was not allowed to be installed.

Once again, thank you for your detailed description of services we offer and truly is very nice to read that you enjoyed your stay with us a lot. Until next time :)

Best regards,