New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hilton Prague

Hilton Prague
Ranked #129 of 668 Hotels in Prague
Shanghai
“Hilton Cloud 9 Bar - Best Bar In Prague”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

--This review is only for the Cloud 9 Bar, not the hotel itself, as we did not stay there --

I am writing this because the Hilton management wouldn't respond to my emails through the Hotel email address and the Cloud 9 address.

I took my mother here after a beautiful dinner at Kampa Park on by the Charles Bridge. I thought that the view from Kampa Park could not be beaten in Prague - but i was wrong.The view from Cloud 9 is spectacular, and you can see for miles around on 3 different sides.

The service here is excellent, especially the incredibly friendly and polite blond slim hostess who served my mother and I on the 4th July.
The hostess was kind, engaging, and fun to both my mother and I . She made us feel extra special by giving us an outside table immediately (even though we were only 2 people and the table could fit at least 4 people), and hearing that it was my mothers special birthday (70th) sang happy birthday with her colleague and made her a surprise special complimentary cocktail with a lit candle on top and presented it to my mother after just serving us cocktails.

If anybody is looking for the perfect bar for a special occasion or just want to enjoy drinks with stunning views of Prague, then Cloud 9 is MUST.

Their cocktails, music, decor and especially the lovely hostess are all great.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank tabc102
Martin M, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this review, 4 August 2012
Dear tabc102,

Please allow me thank you very much on behalf of the Cloud 9 Team for your great review of this wonderful bar & lounge.

I am always happy to read such nice feedback like yours about great service and friendly, polite attitude of our team members which I think is a must. Moreover it is also a pleasure to read about the way that our hostess treated you and rest assured that I will share this nice comment with entire team.

Nevertheless, may I kindly ask you where did you send your email to as I would like to check if we have received it? Please feel free to contact me on DutyManager.Prague@hilton.com .

Dear Sir/Madam, I hope we will have a chance to treat you again in the near future, maybe also as a hotel guest.

Best regards,
Guest Relations Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (698)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

We had booked the Hilton Old Town but were moved to this hotel because it was overbooked? At first we were very pissed at being moved but the staff here at the Hilton Praugue more than made up for it. We were compensated for the move by being treated like royalty. The rooms are a good size and very comfortable. We were even given a choice of views. You can walk to Old Town and the Charles Bridge via a walkway along the river (turn right out of the hotel) but it's a good 20-25min.

1 Thank Stigeo
Martin M, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this review, 31 July 2012
Dear Stigeo,

First of all please allow me to apologize most sincerely for this inconvenience which was most probably caused by some unforeseen reason.

Nevertheless I am very happy to read about your satisfaction with compensation and that you felt treated like royalty. Hope you will give us a chance to pamper you on your next visit of Czech Republic.

Kindest regards from Prague,
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

Lovely hotel if a bit off the beaten track so a good 20 minute walk into town. We ate in all the restauants and the food is very good. Couldn't fault the staff in the hotel, the concierge especially goes out of his way to help you get what you want. Very polite and helpful staff throughout the hotel APART FROM the staff in the Cloud 9 cocktail bar. We went up there to see what all the fuss was about this cocktail bar, the decor is lovely but the staff looked down there noses at us when we walked in even though we were dressed to go our for dinner, I think they would like to fill the place with twenty something trendies, we didn't fit that profile. Good views and nice cocktails, you think they are cheap but instead of half a glass of cruched ice you get a full glass of cruched ice and very little cocktail. It was still very nice and we were enjoying ourselves when the waitress came over and asked if we would like more, even though we were only half way through our drinks. When we said no thank you she said did we want the bill! Talk about making you feel welcome!!! We have been to some very chic cocktail bars all over the world and have never been treated like this - they should remember they are waitresses in bar in a chain hotel. The hotel itself was lovely and we throughly enjoyed our stay although it is a little bit off the beaten track, we would stay there again though.

Dear Kaz5324,

Thank you very much for your valuable comment and for posting it here on the Tripadvisor.

It was indeed a pleasure for me to note that you enjoyed dining in our outlets and that you remained satisfied with our service, especially with service of Concierge.

Nevertheless, I was disappointed regarding your experience from our Cloud 9 cocktail bar. Please allow me to mention that your experience is certainly not a reflective of our usual high standards and your feedback will be certainly shared with the responsible department head to improve on this point.

I would like to have the opportunity welcome you back in our property, so we could prove that your experience was an exception rather than the rule and that we can indeed do better.

Sincerely yours,
Lausanne, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

I just stay one night in Hilton Prague.
The hotel is conveniently located near "Florenc" on metro lines B & C (about 3 minutes walk).
From the airport, take bus 100, which is 20 minutes to the metro line B, then it's another 25 minutes to Florenc. There is also airport express bus, for which you'l have to do just one metro stop from the terminal. 35 minutes to Hlavni Nadrazi and then 2 minutes to Florenc.
Take the public tranports to avoid the famous taxis scams from the airport and around Prague!
The hotel is brilliant, not centrally located, but within reach of all main sights (about 20 minutes walk to old town square). But it is located in a quiet part of Prague, so no noise from the road or from hords of tourists.
Breakfast was brilliant, good choice and quailty food.
The staff is very nice and attentive in all ways.

The room was well apointed, the housekeeping was also attentive, came back in the evening to refill the free water, to change the towels and to prepare the room for the night.

Excellent service for this hotel!

There's a real fitness in the hotel, and a nice swimming pool. Also a sun terrace with some sunbeds.

Dear Seventynine,

Please allow me, first of all, to thank you very much for your nice comment!

I was pleased to read about your entire satisfaction of our services. Comments such yours are very appreciated and therefore I can assure you that this will be shared with all team members.

Seventynine, thank you again for your nice words and for taking your time to leave this feedback here and sharing it with others. I believe it is also very helpful one…

Best regards,
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

This is a really comfortable hotel which I booked via an Expedia unpublished rate deal. The rooms are large and comfortable, and come with AC (it was warm while we were there). The staff were quite friendly. Having said that, I would have been upset had I paid full rate for this hotel. They are in the business of nickel-and-diming you to death for things that should, IMO, come at a free or reduced rate in a "luxury" hotel. In-room wifi was charged, per hour, and cut off at a certain MB of usage regardless of the time paid for (needless to say, we did not partake). Parking in their onsite garage was about $40 per night, though the bellman at the entrance tried to get us to leave the car in the lot ("there is an old man who watches the cars," he told us, "and he will only charge you $20.")

In addition, be cautious of letting the hotel put you in a car. We stepped out to get a ride to our fancy dinner reservation, armed with a map drawn by the concierge AND a map complete with blinking dot on our iPhone map. I had read in the hotel room that cabs in Prague may not charge over a certain amount per km, but the car service used by the hotel does NOT fall under this restriction. We were charged 300 CZK (about $15) for a ride less than 2km during which the driver got lost despite the maps and his assurances that he knew where the restaurant was. We took a REGULAR cab back from Wencelas Square and were charged half that price, and the square was further away!

The breakfast buffet was very lavish, 600 CZK (~$26) per head, and this was the only outrageous expense I felt was worth it. Oh, and the pool was out of commission while we were there, but they said you could walk 15 mins to use the pool at the other Hilton. No thank you! I guess I feel that a hotel of this caliber shouldn't have these issues.

1 Thank GSKorelys
Martin M, Guest Relation Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this review, 30 July 2012
Dear GSKorelys,

Thank you for your valuable comment about your stay in our property.
We appreciate your kind feedback about hotel guest rooms and about our staff. Those always works as a great motivator!

Nevertheless, I would like to take the opportunity to apologize most sincerely for the fact that the sauna, steam room and swimming pool had to be closed due to unforeseen maintenance requirements as this can happen no matter what “caliber” it is. I appreciate your kind understanding and I apologize, once again, for any inconvenience caused.

Furthermore, concerning the pricing, please allow me to mention that our hotel is at the same level as all other 5* hotels in Prague.

I hope we will have a chance to welcome you back in our property on your next visit of Prague.

Warmest greetings,