“Great Location”

Ranked #14 of 369 Prague B&B and Inns
Brisbane, Australia
“Great Location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2011

We chose this hotel because of the location, right on the Old Town Square. This is where the Christmas Markets were and we wanted to be close and were not disappointed by the hotels proximity. We were met by an uninterested male receptionist but during our 4 night stay we noticed they must do a 24 hour shift so we don't blame them one bit. We had trouble with the wifi straight off and mentioned this to reception the next morning as it was important that we had it. She seemed quite defensive about it and we asked to be moved if another room had better reception. She said she would ask the manager and was told he would fix it by the evening. True to their word, with some fiddling around, we had it working for the rest of our stay. So a word of advice, be persistent in getting them to get it working as it seems to be that each floor has it's own wifi log on. The room was quite big for the three of us. Everything was relatively clean in the room but the bathroom, especially the toilet needed some attention. The place needs a bit of a spruce but for the money it was good. The breakfast was ok. All the usuals were there, cereals, yogurts, breads, cheeses, meats, scrambled/fried eggs, sausages etc. Cake was also on the breakfast menu and they were yum. The kitchen staff were excellent and attentive. They were prompt in asking whether we wanted coffee or tea and hot chocolate for our son. They were all happy and smiling and pretty!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank AnitaH4300
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2011

Great location right at the Old Town square (perfect for christmas markets). Room was very good size and clean, we had two windows with great views the square. Breakfast was great. Excellent value for money.
The only downside was the lady at the front desk was a little unfriendly, didn't greet us back when we said good morning or hello. Other than that, this was perfect choice for Prague.

Room Tip: Room 204 had double windows with lovely view of the square
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank globe_trotter_20112
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2011

It has been about a year since I left Prague. I had traveled there solo to visit the Old Towne. Having read a series of Trip Advisor reviews, I settled on the Cerna Liska Hotel in Old Towne Square. I find when traveling alone proximity is critical for me. I like to walk. Now, I realize that even though months have passed, I still reflect on this hotel and my days there. So, it was time leave a note for the rest of you.

This is a charming shy hotel situated on the corner of one of the most dramatic town squares in Europe. There is really no lobby, but none is needed at a location like this one. Upon entering the hotel the check-in desk is directly in front. An appealing little restaurant sits through a door to the right. Do not be put off (as I was initially) by the less than effusive demeanor of the front desk clerks. Smiling does not come naturally to the locals here. If you’re looking for "sunny" either in disposition, or in climate, go to San Diego. There seems to be a sort of luscious heaviness in the air, perhaps partly in keeping with the Gothic architecture, or perhaps because of the undercurrent of historical tragedy that lives just beneath the surface. By day three, as I started to breakdown the dour expression, I learned that these front desk clerks work 24 hours shifts. Maybe they’re all simply exhausted. So, while they may not be grinning with that have-a-nice-day pep, they were accommodating and alert to my needs. The more time I spent in Prague the more I felt I appreciated the quiet reticence of their ways.

The hotel room was spectacular. One entered into a nice-sized antechamber, which had a large closet, a full-length mirror, and the door to the bathroom. Both the bedroom and the bath were extremely large, by anyone’s standard. There was a tall double-door window that opened and swung out onto a quiet side street. The ceiling was a dark wood, colorfully and ornately painted. It was a pleasure to lie in bed and look up. The bed was comfortable, the linens soft, and the bath spotless. The room was surprisingly quiet for such a busy plaza. I ate a few times in the restaurant downstairs and found the food good, not great, but fine. It didn’t matter being in the center of things there were a hundred places to eat inexpensively.

For those of you who have a passion for shopping the upscale shopping street begins just a few yards from the front door. A local told me that some people travel to Prague with an empty suitcase. As a window shopper only, it was a lovely view.

There is no better place to stay in Old Towne Prague. The Cerna Liska is an unpretentious gem, which feels perfectly suited to its environment. From there, I walked for hours all over the old city and up to the castle. I realize now, since I am still thinking about this city, with the music floating out of every doorway, with the interesting dramatic history, and its breathtaking architecture, that I will return – and I will stay again at Cerna Liska. Clean. Spacious. In the absolute best location. Highly recommend.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank serra6225
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

We are on our last night staying at the hotel and have loved every minute of staying here. The location is absolutely perfect for exploring the city. The room was very clean and well presented and the cleanliness was maintained in the room during our stay.

The breakfast buffet was good with fresh and tasty food and differing slightly on a daily basis.

The majority of staff were very helpful and sociable and made us feel very welcome.

Prague is a magnificent city for shopping and culture and I can't wait to return.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Rachel J
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2011

I just spent three nights at this charming small hotel. My wiife and I really enjoyed out stay. The hotel is located right on the Old Town Square, next to St Nickolas Church and opposit of the Tyn. Some rooms including the one we stayed for two nights, #304, have the best views of the square. What was unexpected was that the rooms are also very quiet despite that they are right on the busy square, thanks to the double windows that Czech buildings seem to all have.

The beds are comfortable and staff was friendly. I would go back to stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple