“A special place”

Radisson Blu Alcron Hotel, Prague
Ranked #16 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 17 July 2012

The hotel does not look all that impressive from the outside, but the moment one enters, one feels that this is a special place. After trying different hotels in the 4-5-star range in Prague, I now always come back to the Radisson Blu Alcron. The service is strict but impeccable. The design is consistently art déco, which is delightful and different. The rooms are modern and fresh, with a good selection of products and thick towels. The beds are just right and covered with soft, rich linen. The wifi works for several devices and is fast; one only has to log in once per 24 hours. It is furthermore free. The breakfast buffet is impressive – my favorite aspects are the egg chef and the juice machine, making fresh juice from real oranges in real time. The location could not be better, just off Václavské náměstí and close both to the tram and the metro (as well as to the fantastic old cinema Lucerna). The standard room is fine, but my preferred room is the executive suite, with two separate rooms and bathrooms. I recommend this hotel wholeheartedly.

Room Tip: The executive suite is outstanding.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank DrNicholas
AuroreDiguiny, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Alcron Hotel, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on tripadvisor.
I am happy you have found a hotel in Prague that suits your needs.
We appreciate your kind words and thank you for recommending us further.

Thank you for your stay and we look forward to your future stays with us.

Reviewed 16 July 2012

I went for a weekend with the girls to prague, however i work in business travel so am always on the look out for what makes a good leisure and business hotel.
This hotel is just brilliant, it has a great bar and cocktails!! very friendly bar staff.
Breakfast is very comprehensive and they even put a message on our TV to say what times breakfast was likely to be busy.
upon checkin the reception staff were really helpful to get us rooms next to eachother and also upsold us the 'RoyalClub' package which included drinks, snacks, full use of the mini bar and breakfast! it was a fantastic deal
location is great - just off wenceles square and is a short walk to the old town.
Also the reception staff recommended a great restaurant near by. A great weekend and very happy customers! shame the hotel doesnt have a pool - but i doubt we'd have had time to use it anyway!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for posting your review on tripadvisor.com.
We are happy to know you have enjoyed our bar cocktails and the breakfasts.
Thank you very much for appreciating the efforts of my colleagues from the reception.
It is a shame we do not have a pull, but just like you mentioned, we believe if we had it, not many guests would have time to use it.
Prague is a Majestic City and sightseeing is the main activity for our guests.
However, we do have two saunas that our guests can use free of charge for relaxation after a long day of walking city tours.

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your trip to Prague and we hope you and your family will stay with us again whenever in Prague.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

Just back from my fourth trip to the beautiful city of Prague, which I always enjoy visiting. This visit was my best though because of my extremely positive experience staying at the Radisson Blu Alcron. Out of all the hotels I have stayed in on my trips around Europe this particular hotel stands out as the best one I have stayed in. Check in was quick and efficent and the front desk staff were very pleasant. On my first night I rang from my room requesting an iron and this was brought up straight away (very efficient). I couldn't figure out where the coffee making facility was in my room and when I mentioned this to the man at reception he himself took me right up to my room and showed me the cupboard it was in and he gave me a crash course on how to use it! The staff on duty each morning in the Rotunde Restaurant where we had breakfast were very friendly and always asked how your day was so far. Just a very nice personal touch. Also, our driver from the hotel who took us by the Radisson hotel taxi to the airport when we were leaving was a really nice guy. He pointed out some interesting sights and facts on our way to the airport (other drivers I have experienced generally just drive and say little). Our drivers name was Denis and he was excellent at his job! Even the staff on duty at the coffee/bar area in the hotel were so friendly as were the staff on each floor cleaning the rooms. The hotel's location is very good, just off Wenceslas Square and within convenient walking distance to all the main sights in the city. I felt need to write this very positive review of what is in my view an extremely wonderful hotel and one that I will certainly use again next time I visit Prague.

1  Thank JonnyES

Dear Guest,

It is a great pleasure to read your nice comments about our hotel here on tripadvisor.
Thank you very much for posting your feedback. We are deeply touched that out of four visits
to Prague this was your best one thanks to our hotel and the staff working here.
We do our best to accommodate our guests the best we can, and we are happy you
have enjoyed it. Regarding the coffee machines, due to the design of our rooms, they are indeed tricky to find.
However, every room has a coffee machine and the best thing to do is, just like you did, to ask the hotel staff
and they would be more than happy not only to point it out for you but also give you a little guiding on how to use.
I am happy to hear you had a good transfer with Denis. We will most certainly pass on to him your comments.

Thank you once again for your delightful review and we look forward to your future visits.

Reviewed 12 July 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in July 4- July 7 2012, I would like to say that this is by far one of the best hotel I stayed in. Hospitality wise very great, ambience was nice, , people were always there to help you.

as a honeymoon couple we got the room upgraded to Junior suite and a welcome wine drinki that was the beginning of a great stay.

breakfast buffet was awesome with many dishes. Special mention for our hotel manager " Mr Hasan" who was very polite and always availbale for any query.

And to the chef of the hotel " Mr Karel" who made sumptoous omelletes for us.

I would recoimmend this hotel for anyone as it is closer to places and wenclases square which is the new town area.

3  Thank Vipin_Jindal
AuroreDiguiny, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Alcron Hotel, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2012

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for sharing your experience in our hotel.
We are happy to know you have enjoyed your honeymoon in Radisson Blu Alcron Hotel.
Thank you for such nice comments and we look forward to welcoming you here again.

With kind regardsm

Reviewed 12 July 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights in a standard double room, actually only one night as the aircon was defective (it was July so it was hot and humid) so we were moved to a much nicer room for the remaining 2 nights - no fuss. We arrived fairly late in the evening so ate in the Rotunde restaurant which was very nice,with good service and, surprisingly for a city centre hotel, reasonably priced. The food was very good and the service was excellent.

The location of the hotel is only 100m or so from Wenceslas Square, so centrally located and about 5 or 10 minutes walk from Old Town Square. We were on B&B basis and breakfast was a buffet with a good selection of hot and cold food, the staff were efficient and attentive.

Our return flight was in the evening, checkout is normally by noon but we asked for, and were given, a 2 hour extension despite the hotel being full on the day we departed.

All in all a good hotel, nothing outstanding about it, but nothing wrong with it either, were we to return to Prague I would stay here again.

4  Thank JulesandSand

Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to review us here on tripadvisor.com.
I am terribly sorry the air-condition was defective in your first room and I sincerely apologize for it. It is great you have managed to enjoy one of our restaurants even if for a late dinner.
On behalf of our entire team here at Radisson Blu Alcron, thank you for your visit and we look forward to welcoming you here again in the future.