Design Hotel Josef Prague
Agoda.com
US$ 166
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
Boutique Hotel Seven Days(Prague)(Great Value!)
US$ 170
  • Breakfast included
Green Garden Hotel(Prague)(Great Value!)
US$ 98
US$ 71
US$ 69
2,614 results
All reviewsglass bathroomold town squareorange housenespresso machinejewish quartersuperior roomsister hotelrooms are modernloved this hotelexcellent hotelfresh fruitperfect locationbreakfast buffetbreakfast was amazingcar servicethe main squarequiet street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Overall, an excellent hotel. All of the praise it has received for its service, sleekness, breakfast, wifi, location, etc. is well deserved...but let me focus on one specific amenity that I have not seen mentioned by others. Hotel Josef has rooms set aside for smokers. Now being a non-smoker myself, I am certainly not in favor of promoting smoking, but my wife is (unfortunately) a hard core smoker. When we travel, it is often difficult to find accomodations that suit us both equally. Either we find a hotel that allows smoking (and I suffer the effects of second hand smoke) or we find a non-smoking hotel (and my wife has to make repeated trips outside to satisfy her habit). Hotel Josef offered a room that allowed smoking, but to my surprise and never-ending gratitude, the room had an excellent air filtration system. I don't know how they do it, but there was no accumulation of smoke in the room and no lingering smell of stale smoke...even with the windows closed. My wife and I were both perfectly comfortable the entire time. Thank you Hotel Josef! We will be back again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank robert f
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Dear Valued Guests,

I am happy that you first contribution to Tripadvisor is about Hotel Josef. Thank you for being our guest and staying with us during you trip to Prague. All our team is doing its best to make all our guests, whether they are smokers or non-smokers, feel right at home, and your kind review proves we are on the right path.

Looking forward to your stay,

Reviewed 22 June 2012

We've stayed 4 nights in a deluxe room. Everything looks perfect and great.
The wifi speed is really great. The food is delicious and the staff is super cool.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 6 July 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

I am delighted to hear your feedback about your deluxe room experience Thank you for leaving a review.

We are looking forward to seeing you again,

Reviewed 17 June 2012

This must be one of the best hotels we have stayed in. Its very central and the breakfast was amazing. Other hotels should learn from them. Yummy!

Other points:
- Smooth and friendly check-in
- Beautiful modern rooms
- Free wifi everywhere
- Great strong showers
- Nice extras like toiletries, running map, newspapers and so on

We will return - for sure :)

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 24 June 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

we are truly delighted to know you enjoyed your stay with us, namely your room, breakfast and all the little touches, which contributed to making your time in Hotel Josef memorable.

All our team is looking forward to welcoming you back in the nearest future!

Reviewed 15 June 2012

The Josef Prague is a nice hotel, well located and great for business. I stayed for 10 days on business in May. There were 9 in my party. Wireless is free and quite good speed. Some of our rooms were free upgrades. I had a superior glass bathroom room which was of adequate size, design and comfort. The front desk, bar staff, and especially the elderly porter were great, my only real complaint was housekeeping. I was sure that my maid hated me, every day a new booby trap for me to figure out, which became a standing joke. If I left clothes on the floor, they remained there. If I left half a glass of wine, it remained there, maybe she thought I would come back to it later! My shower head was aimed straight at me so when I turned the shower on, I and the rest of the bathroom got drenched, the Nespresso coffee machine was taken to pieces and left for me to figure out on waking, One of my party had some laundry done, it came back un-pressed, they did however sort that out. To be fair I didn’t complain about housekeeping, to be honest I really didn’t have time and was hardly ever in my room.

The hotel does offer nice touches, from a free Nespresso machine in my room (this is one of the reasons I booked the hotel, (sad but true), to free pastries and coffee in the lobby.
Breakfast was good and included in the price. The bar menu was OK but not exceptional, but there are so many fantastic restaurants within striking distance you don’t really need to eat at the hotel. Within a couple of minutes of the hotel, Divinis is a WONDERFUL restaurant, great food wine and ambience, or if you want a late night eat then La Casa Argentina is round the corner, great steak, a lively and smoky atmosphere with Pirana’s in tanks and apparently a money, which I thought I heard but thought it was taped rainforest noise and not live critters! A 10 mins drive from the hotel is Sasazu a fabulous fusion restaurant with club next door. The list really is endless, you cant loose really, oh and don’t forget Bakeshop, within a stones throw, a wonderful bakery, and coffee house.

Overall this hotel is great value for money, it is very central and nicely designed. I would stay here again for business, however if I was travelling for pleasure I would be tempted stay somewhere with more Prague charm.

Thank you Josef for making my trip painless!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 305, a smoking room with views to the front of the hotel, the room was a good size and very little noise even though it was street side.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 24 June 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

thank you for taking time to write such a full review following your stay in Hotel Josef! I am happy to hear you and your friends enjoyed your vacation. Thank you for mentioning breakfast, the location and all the little touches.

Please let me sincerely apologize for the laid-up coffee machine. Our housekeeping team is very respectful to our guests' personal possessions, therefore your clothes and wine were left at the same place.

Thank you for giving fellow travelers a tip on eating out in Prague, this review would definitely be helpful for our future guests.

We are looking forward to seeing you again,

Reviewed 11 June 2012

this hotel was fantastic, really has no complaints, only some nice surprises. The breakfast was great, service at front desk excellent, couldn't have been more helpful and I loved the fact they have movies/dvds you can borrow for free (where most hotels of this size would charge for this). Free to use MACs and a printer in a seperate room. Would definitely not stay anywhere else in Prague

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
HotelJosef, Guest Relations Manager at Design Hotel Josef Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

thank you for your kind review following your stay in Prague. It is a pleasure to know you enjoyed your stay, namely breakfast and the service.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back, happy to offer you our new dvd arrivals.