“Great Restaurant!”

Essence
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 30
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Essence restaurant is based on a high quality food prepared only from fresh ingredients according to original recipes. The meals are simple and just based on used foodstatuffs and ingredients. Selection of high quality wines, friendly and nice atmosphere, helpful and well-informed service are the basic characteristics. We prepare for you birthday party, corporate party, wedding or graduation in buffet or served meals style. Essence restaurant is located just 10 minutes from downtown and it is very easy to get there. We believe that you enjoy not only fabulous food but also relaxing atmosphere in which you want to return. We look forward to your visit!
Reviewed 7 September 2012

Don't miss out on this gem just because it isn't smack in the middle of downtown. The food is excellent, adventurous, and very well-priced. The service was great as well -- even the chef came out to greet us! In fact, I decided to create a tripadvisor account just so that I could review this restaurant. Essence truly deserves to be considered by anyone going out for a nice dinner in Prague.

3  Thank David P

Reviewed 4 September 2012

I have dinned all over Prague having lived here for just over a year. The service and food at Essence was top notch. The wait staff were extremely attentive to our table of four. The chef even came out and greeted us at the end of our meal- something quite unexpected/out of the ordinary. We each had a starter (goad cheese) and a main (salmon on turnip puree) and shared some dessert. We sampled a basil ice cream and a watermelon carpacio with pana cotta as the "cheese." Not one complaint from our party of four. I would not hesitate to return.

1  Thank Sarah L
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I just came back from the dinner at Essence tonight. I never have written any review for anything, but the whole night while I was there, I was telling myself "I am going to write an review about this place." The food is great!!! By great, I mean great ingredients, great cooking techniques, great favors, and great presentations, and (almost forgot) great service!

The price is very reasonable given the quality of the food. (or I would say it is slightly undervalued.) I had a starter, an entree and a dessert and I was amazed by each of them. The restaurant has a website where you can find the full menue with prices.

Another reason I have the urge to recommend this place is that it is almost ignored!!! The whole time I was there, I was the only customer. I talked to the Chef and I can tell he is concerned as the restaurant is not in the city center, although it is very close to a tram station.

It is actually very accessible from the center of the city. You can take Tram #9 and #5 (and other lines, but I cannot remember), and take off at Lipanska. The restaurant is within 5 min walk.

So give it a try and hope this great restaurant survives!

Reviewed 1 September 2012

The visit of this restaurant was again a great experience. In spite of the restaurant was almost full the meal and service were magnificent. The restaurant has a new summer menu, our choice was a beef carpaccio, beef flank steak, pork sirloin and a fondant as a dessert. We can fully recommend!

Reviewed 17 August 2012

I'm italian and I think it's a very good restaurant with amazing plates! Steak with vegetable skewer and chimichurri sauce was delicious!

1  Thank MattFit
Martin H, Owner at Essence, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2012

Thank you for your review and we are glad that you were happy.
We look forward to your next visit.

Best regards