All reviews charles bridge great location old town early hours nice hotel living area fourth floor room was large light sleeper junior suite main attractions tea and coffee each morning tourist attractions reception staff central location would highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

There is one positive about this hotel and it is the distance to attractions.

There are too many negatives that outweigh this one positive
- it is tired looking
- rooms are dirty
- it is located directly above a night club and it is extremely loud. We didn't sleep due to this noise the whole night.

There are so many lovely hotels in this area, we will definitely pick different place next time around.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 24 July 2017

Dear Xlodes,

We really appreciate that you took the time to share details about your recent visit in Charles Bridge Palace. Your feedback is very valuable for us.
I am very sorry to read there were some aspects of your stay, where we did not met your expectations. I am sure if our front desk would be aware of the minor issues you have faced, they would immediately take an action and help you in any way.

I would to thank you for your time and I hope you will give us another try so we can change the bad impression you got from your last visit.

With warm regards,

Reviewed 18 July 2017

Prague was our last stop and we had stayed in some great accommodation over our 7 week trip so had high expectations . Charles Bridge Palace proved to be a fabulous finish. We just loved it. Two bathrooms, one handy to the upstairs bedroom and another spacious downstairs bathroom which had a huge bath tub. Two toilets! A standard in Aus but a luxury in Europe.,Very elegantly styled, quiet and well appointed living area. Comfortable bed, champagne on arrival and space to store clothes and sort out our stuff. Brilliant concierge for check in and support over the week, and very helpful desk staff for the rest of the time. A professional and knowledgable team who made our stay easy. Breakfast included in dining room with the basics to keep you going. Brilliant location- less than a minute to Charles Bridge or head to back of courtyard if you want to avoid the crowds. If you want a coffee outside hotel try the small place on your left when leaving hotel. Great coffee! Charles Bridge Palace- we'll be back!

Room Tip: The loft style is great- but only if you're okay with stairs.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 24 July 2017

Dear T8000DXdenises,

It is my pleasure to answer on your review in the name of Charles Bridge Palace hotel.
I would like to thank you for such a nice feedback! We always do our best to satisfy our guests and we are happy you enjoyed your well deserved time in Prague. Each client is very special to us and we love to make their stay as much happy and memorable as possible.
I will personaly make sure your kind words will be spread to all of our staff.

I hope we will welcome you back soon!

With kind regards,

Reviewed 10 July 2017

This is ideally located near the end of The Charles Bridge. Rooms were clean and the price was reasonable. The wi-fi was fast. Breakfast had a large variety but staff were slow at replenishing cutlery, plates and food that ran out. The morning orange juice etc were more like strong squash than juice. We had excellent fresh croissants the first day, but the second day they were gone and it was hard, dry, local bread only so it can be a bit "luck of the draw" on what kind of breakfast you get.

Water was nice and hot in the bathroom but there was a permanent smell of drains in one of the five rooms we booked. Otherwise, the bed was comfy and lighting was good although no spare sockets anywhere - you have to unplug stuff to get a power point. If you book a room try and get one looking over the central courtyard for more chance of sleep as the ones looking out towards the river are directly opposite a nightclub ("the biggest in Central Europe") that has long queues starting around 10om right through to the small hours of the morning. Fridays and Saturdays are a nightmare for light sleepers because of the endless noise (cars continually beeping, annoyed at taxis stopped for drunken passengers blocking the road off, noisy trams, drunks shouting and singing until 5 in the morning...)!

Also the nearest ATM for the thousands of nightclub goers seems to be the one next to the hotel's front entrance even though it's hidden inside the central courtyard. This can make it very noisy as long queues for cash form late at night from people slightly the worse for drink. The other side of the entrance seemed to be the meeting point for those wanting to buy/sell enhancements for their nightclub experience (overheard "500 for a gram" so not sure if it was weed or something else that was being sold).

Check-in was really slow (partly because you pay at check-in rather than check-out, partly because they ask you to hand write down all your information you have already supplied on booking) and remember when pressured for your email address to pretend you don't have one ;-)

Staff were unsmiling and curt to the point of almost being rude, but to be fair this seems to be standard practice in many of the bars and restaurants in Prague. I guess they're just not paid that much! Overall, we were happy with the hotel although given the glowing reviews on booking.com we were surprised at the noise issues which hadn't been mentioned.

Room Tip: One looking inside the courtyard, NOT over the busy road and nightclub
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 17 July 2017

Dear Ian S,

I am very sorry to read there were some aspects of your stay where we did not met your expectations. We always do our best to satisfy our guests and each review help us grow and improve ourselves in each part of the customer service.
I will personaly make sure your feedback will be forwarded to our operation and front office managers. Please feel free to contact me if you have any specific details which would help us with the investigation (as the room numbers of your companiers and also names of the staff) on vaclav at pinellihotels.com.
On the other side I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay in Prague despite of the minor issues you have faced.

I Wish you all the best and I hope we can welcome you back.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 4 July 2017

One of the staff members pushed a cart of towels into my mother, knocking her down. My mother has bruises all over her leg and is having trouble walking. The staff agreed it was their fault but refused to pay for any hospital fees, even after my mother went to the doctor.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank music7ak
Management response:Responded 13 July 2017

Dear Tripadvisor users,

Please kindly let me explain this situation in the way it actually really happened, as unfortunately there are some aspects in this story, which are missing. I would love to provide you with the details to complete the whole picture.
Our houseman was riding the cart of towels and looked on both sides of the corridor, when suddenly mother of our guest appeared behind the corner. Unfortunately he had no time to react that quickly and this accident happened, which we are very sorry for it. Our staff after recieving their concern provided our guests mother with a free transfer from the hotel to the hospital and back.
When the lady came back, she asked for very specific compensation in the value of: expenses for a doctor in Prague and also in Korea (which are covered by insurance company – I believe our guest mother had a travel insurance, so even you would find it not necessary to pay double), train ticket to Vienna for guest, transfer to Cesky Krumlov and back to Prague, flight ticket to Korea for the lady and also one night stay at the airport hotel.
In the official report from doctor was written that leg of our guests mother was not badly hurt, just there will be a little bit of bruise, which will be fine in couple of days. Our hotel staff did their best to handle the current situation to please the guests, however I believe all of you will understand that help to someone should not be considered and used as a personal profit.
We are really sorry this accident happened, however we are not heartless as they presented us here to you, other Tripadvisor users, just because at the end we did not covered all the requested items. Please note our staff is working very hard every day to provide as much good service as possible and it is not fair to them when the story is not told on public in the way which actually happened.

Best regards,

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed as a group of 4 there this weekend. Great room and facilities (only downside was that we could not get the AC to work). The staff were extremely helpful and helped us to book a city tour, order taxis and book the ballet. The hotel is in a great location as you have the old town and Charles Bridge on your doorstep. Simple but sufficient breakfast (with decent strong coffee). I would mention that there was a lot of noise in the early hours due to party goers walking through streets but it didn't disturb us too much if windows were closed. Please put some milk into rooms for coffee and tea!!

Overall a great stay- thank you!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 13 July 2017

Dear csmith92829,

We would like to take a moment to thank you for your review. We really appreciate you chose to be our particular guest and we are happy you enjoyed your well deserved time in Prague.
I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding our location, rooms and especially staff. I will make sure your praise will get to each of them.

With warm regards from Prague,