All reviews prague castle wine and cheese tasting emerald room charles bridge other guests piano player every afternoon quiet street private spa felt like royalty boutique hotel sister hotel small hotel old town breakfast room huge bathroom sitting room
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed in the Alchymist Prague Castle Suites with my husband for a pro-longed weekend in May. It is a wonderful small hotel with a royal atmosphere. Our room was on 3rd floor nearby the dining room. We enjoyed every day breakfast served by butlers Luca and Nazar. Also the wine and cheese tasting in the afternoon was awesome, for one night with pianist, too! The is situated in a very quiet area, nearby the parliament. We also tried the Jacuzzi. Very charming staff and good service!

Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed in Alchymist Suites for 2 nights with my fiance and we loved it! Butler Nazar was so helpful. It is small boutique hotel, but very nice and charming. Great location. And we truly enjoyed the wine and cheese tasting with piano player.

Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay in this hotel. Convenient location to the castle and public transportation to other parts of town. This hotel is historic and charming. We stayed on the top floor in a luxurious room that felt very intimate. Beautiful beamed ceilings, excellent breakfast and superior service. The team went out of their way to help us with a number of not so common inquiries. We both still smile when we think of our 3 day stay and wish it had been longer. Could have used some counter space in the bathroom but this place was so sweet we have to give them a pass on that.

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

Hands down best value of any hotel I have ever stayed at in Europe. I have been writing reviews (218 to be exact) on trip advisor since the site was launched.

The alchymist Prague suites (not to be confused with their two other sister properties in Prague), was without fault. My son and I stayed there for 4 nights. There are too many positives to list them all but here are some highlights:

- warm greeting by hotel butler via email- weeks before our arrival to ask if we required a complimentary pickup at the airport upon arrival (30 minutes away from hotel).
- Hotel is in a newly renovated 15th Century upper class home just below the wall of Prague Castle with only 8 rooms.
- Furnishings match the city - clearly Czech, baroque with wood floors, Persian carpets, crystal chandeliers and high ceilings - a step back in time.
- In one of the quietest sections of Mala Strana but only 10 minute walk from Charles Bridge and Old City.
- Great breakfast with casual waiter service available until 1130am and including Czech and traditional English items. I can’t imagine you can do better unless you went to mandarin oriental or four seasons (at several times the cost).
- Bed and breakfast feeling combined with a grand hotel - the staff are warm, friendly, informative. Not task is too small for them to help.
- Enormous rooms and sitting areas
- Nightly wine and cheese (complimentary) and occasional live music.
- Outstanding value. My room was less than $250 USD - mid range for Prague - cheap by European standards.
The staff treated us like royalty. The hotel made us feel like luxury residents of Prague, and for travelers, feeling like you are home or exploring is much preferred to being treated like a tourist. Travelers will understand this difference.

This was one of my favorite hotels. While I’ve stayed at grander properties, nothing has made me feel special for such a good price. I’d stay here over a four seasons or comparable luxury property every time. Very impressed.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank glbtrvler
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

This is an exceptional place to stay. From the greeting at reception to the service at breakfast and the complementary wine and cheese served every day it was lovely. You can’t fault the staff and surroundings. It is only a short walk from the Main Street and Charles Bridge and old town. We did a lot of walking up steps to the Look Out and Castle, but you don’t have to! They have lots of tours and taxis. The hotel doesn’t have evening dining on site but there are so many places nearby it doesn’t matter. Not cheap but if you want excellence go for it. A shame we didn’t find time for the spa and jacuzzi! Would stay again if visiting Prague.