1,148 results
All reviews old town square great location astronomical clock mini kitchen electric kettle room was spacious and clean central location hotel is excellent rooftop terrace cleaning staff walking distance the main square charles bridge stayed for nights breakfast was excellent long weekend breakfast room
Reviewed 17 May 2018

Stayed there over Easter, we liked the hotel, cannot beat its location, right in the heart of Prague. Nice big room, comfortable large bed, quiet even though it was the most busy and over crowded couple of days. Staff was very friendly and helpful, nothing was any trouble. Good coffee and plentiful breakfast. We loved Prague and are going back and we will book the hotel again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 13ruffles
Vaclav M, Manažer komunikace s hosty at Hotel Leon D'Oro, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Dear 13ruffles,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share details about your recent stay in hotel Leon D´Oro.

It is my pleasure to read that you enjoyed our location, rooms and other parts of our service. Our policy is to deliver 100% satisfaction to our guests and we are happy to read that we met all of your expectations in a positive way.

I will certainly be pleased to forward your kind words to our staff.

We wish you all the best and we are looking forward for your next visit!

Reviewed 15 May 2018

Great location, friendly and helpful staff. The breakfast was excellent. Lovely location minutes from the Old Town Square and all the sites. Would definitely stay again. They accommodated all my needs and helped with airport transfers very efficiently.

Room Tip: I had a room on 5th floor overlooking Catholic Church wonderful.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GeralynEssex

Dear GeralynEssex,

it is my pleasure to answer to your feedback on behalf of hotel Leon D´Oro.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your well deserved time in Prague. Our main intention is to make our guests happy and we are pleased to hear that we met your expectations. I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding our location, breakfast and our staff. I will certainly be pleased to pass your compliments to all of them.

We wish you all the best and we hope we will welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

I booked roof terrace suite and it was better than I expected. Living room with nice furniture and dining zone. Two bathrooms and even small kitchen but I had no need to use it. Two nice bedrooms with big cozy beds and comfortable pillows. And of course an open terrace upstairs just for you to enjoy. It’s so big and the view is gorgeous right on the astronomical clock and Old Town square. Location is also great, just a few minutes from all sightseeings and Charle’s Bridge

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Vaclav M, Manažer komunikace s hosty at Hotel Leon D'Oro, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Dear 982larisab,

I would like to thank you for chosing Hotel Leon D´Oro for your recent stay in Prague.

It is my pleasure to answer to your feedback. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed one of our suites and also location. I would like to thank you for your kind words.

We hope you enjoyed your well deserved time in Prague and we hope we will welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 19 April 2018

Stayed for a long weekend - central location 5 mins walk from Old Town Square. Very helpful and friendly staff. Rooms large, very comfortable and well equipped. Good breakfast wit ha large selection of options.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Vaclav M, Manažer komunikace s hosty at Hotel Leon D'Oro, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2018

Dear Stuart,

We really appreciate that you took the time to share details about your recent visit in Prague.

Thank you so much for your kind review. We always do our best to satisfy guests in all of their expectations and we are so happy we met yours. We are so grateful for you mentioning all the nice things as is our rooms, location and especially our staff. I will personaly make sure your feedback will get to all of them.

We wish you all the best and we are looking forward to see you in the future!

Reviewed 17 April 2018

One some of the hotel booking services we checked, Leon D'Oro was marked as a four-star hotel. It's true that star rankings can be a bit outdated, but still, among frequent travelers there is an innate understanding of what a four-star hotel should look like. Leon D'Oro is more between two and three stars, except the kitchen which is between 3 and 4.

Our room was spacious, but it constantly smelled of sewage, the AC didn't work very well, and neither did the air circulation system in the bathroom. The beds were uncomfortable and the room overall poorly maintained (for example, quite a bit of calcium on the shower installation). Speaking of the shower, the water temperature sometimes changed randomly, reminiscent of older shower systems.

The staff was overall very polite, except the receptionist who was a bit rude and seemed unhappy to see us (and probably other guests) there. On a side note, they had a real problem with toilet paper: they never brought more even when it was ending, and even when I took two rolls from the cleaning lady, they took one roll from our room while we were away. What's up with that?

Having said that, the location of the hotel is excellent, it's probably the best local for this price point—everything in the center is very close. The other good part is the kitchen—the breakfasts were good with a large variety of food, drink and desserts.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Ynhockey,

we really appreciate you took the time to share with us details regarding your recent stay in Hotel Leon D´Oro.

While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short.

I am very sorry to read about all the inconvenience in your room. I would like to kindly asure you this is certainly not our standart and we already took an action to fix the technical issues and also our management team is already informed about your feedback.

I wish you all the best and I hope you will give us another chance in the future.