“Ugh. This place made me aggressive. Rip-off and they know it.”

Malostranska Restaurant
Ranked #4,420 of 5,624 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Czech
Neighbourhood: Mala Strana (Little Quarter)
Description: a long established eatery which has been refurbished with a more ambitious menu
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I wish that I could say that this review will have an impact at all, but it probably won't. This is a typical example of a place that is betting on the fact that most tourists will never read reviews before they get lured in there and they are right. Still, I am hoping that even one person sees it and avoids the same trouble we all have had.
My boyfriend and I went in there to drink two coffees and got slammed with a 20 Euro bill. Two coffees. We asked for a strong coffee, so they charged us each the price of two coffees, which were already waaaaay overpriced, and crappy. I did the math as we were leaving and went back, sure that there had been some mistake. They were immediately on the defensive. They know that they are stealing with their prices. Four of them sat at a table (the rest of the place was empty) glaring at me and ready to offer some ridiculous logic for why they charge that much. It's simple- they charge that much because they get away with it. this being said, I am not completely against inflated prices for tourists. I understand wanting to make money off of people who have the luxury of travel for pleasure. But this is just plain legal robbery. If they want to do business like that, I guess I can't stop them, but I find it insulting to the rest of the local businesses who earn their money fairly.

3  Thank TracieFarrell
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

After a wonderful long weekend in Prague, we nipped into this restaurant for a quick breakfast before checking out of the U Maleho Glena apartments/jazz bar next door... which were fabulous. What a disaster! The only place all weekend where we were well and truely ripped off :-( It may advertise cheap 99k breakfasts but with the coffee's being 110 each, an extra 50 (each) cover charge, extra for bread (each), plus taxes and various other add on's, the final cost for two ham & eggs plus a couple of coffee's was more than double all our other evening meals!!! +750k, equating to roughly £25 GBP for breakfast!
DO NOT BE TEMPTED BY THIS RIP OFF RESTAURANT

1  Thank manchesterlass8
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Decent food (decent, not good), but this place will absolutely screw you the second they realize you are not a local. $5 for two ramekins of potato chips, $10 for bread and an obligatory service charge of roughly 20%. Two beers, three entres and an appetizer was $100. Should have been $45, tops.

2  Thank UDenver20
Reviewed 25 December 2011

I wish I had read about this place before I went there. I 100% agree with other reviewers - this place is a total rip off. The no.1 word of advice NEVER go to a restaurant where they don't have prices on their menu. Their tactic is simple - and another guest who I spoke to had the same experience - we went there a day or two before were quoted prices around cK150-160. When we went back it all changed. Same waitress - but at least DOUBLE. plus the schnitzel (which had fries in the picture) was charged an extra cK45 for the fries! So more than double the original quoted price.The bread was charged x2 - because "there were 2 butters" plus service charge and outrageous drink prices. A bill of 400 at the outside - became 1030 very quickly!
Don't fall into this tourist trap - advise all your friends to stay away. The food was OK but the bill will DEFINITELY leave you with a bad taste. This type of place will give Prague a bad name so avoid it and enjoy your Prague experience.

3  Thank eirrab
Reviewed 11 December 2011

menu without prices, you order and in the end they call any price. do not think that the bread that the waiter will bring with your order is free, you'd pay for it!!

4  Thank Ruslan L