Friday Hotel Prague
  • Room Service
Hotel Liberty(Prague)
Hotel Dar(Prague)
View Hotel
All reviewsna prikopeold town squaregreat locationbreakfast roomestates theatreroyal suitejacuzzi bathtea and coffeecentral locationmustek metro stationnice hotellocal attractionsbreakfast buffet was excellentastronomical clockcharles bridgemajor sightsnoise from the street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We stayed in this hotel in February for 4 nights. Overall the stay was a good one. The location was great with a metro stop only around the corner and the old town square was only a 5 min walk. I found the breakfast to be plentiful with cereals, bread, fruit and a choice of hot food. The rooms were well heated considering it was sub zero outside.
However, I have one complaint, we were staying in one of the superior doubles on the top floor and we immediately found the blinds on the skylight was not working and therefore would not close. On highlighting this to reception, we informed us they would sent someone the next morning to look at it and there was no other similar room available for us to stay in. The blinds were not fixed during our stay and each time we asked reception we were told they would sent someone the next day. I found this to be very annoying as we woken at 7 every morning by morning sun.
The house keeping was very lax on the day before we leaving. The sheets of the bed were hardly tucked with the duvet thrown over it to cover it up. Towels were not replaced.
I would question the 4 star rating of this hotel, 3 stars would be more appropriate. The rooms looks dated and woren.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
fridayhotel, General Manager at Friday Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Dear Teresa,

Thank you for staying at Friday.
Allow us to apologize for malfunctioning blinds.

We are sorry you didn't like the jacuzzi room, it is actually very
popular room with our guests.
It would be our pleasure to offer you choice of contemporary or classic
room design.

Reviewed 30 March 2012

Great place to stay and in the center of town. Downside is they start breakfast at 8am. For the business man staying and has an 8am meeting, not good. Rooms great and comfortable. Price is the best you can get in town. Paying 60 euro a night including breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I and my husband enjoyed the hotel. It lies right in the middle of everything and we never needed to take public transportation. It was fantastic walking through the city. We chose a modern room and were satisfied with the design as well as the size of the room. The only downside was we had asked for a non-smoking room and it was obvious that the people before us had smoked. We opened the windows and aired it out which improved the air quality. We didn't feel like complaining to staff because the room was to our liking. After airing it got better, but we would still notice the smell when we had left the room and came back in after a break. Once inside, it wasn't noticeable.
Our room was facing the pedestrian zone, which made it quite loud on the weekends but interesting to watch outside in the daytime. Since we were out until late at night, it didn't bother us and we were so tired from walking so much and dancing, nothing could wake us until we were ready! If one needs more sleep, it would be better to get a room facing the entrance of the hotel because it is much quieter.
The reception lobby was attractive but very small. Smaller than I had imagined it would be. The women working there were helpful and nice. The breakfast room was nicely designed and the staff hard-working and friendly. The food was more than adequate and perfect for me since I am a vegan and found enough to eat to give me a tasty breakfast. (I've been to other hotels which had less to offer.) They only offer breakfast (I believe) but one is right in the middle of the city and restaurants are EVERYWHERE. It was much more enjoyable to go out and experience Prague.
The only thing in the room we complained about was the room safe which was broken and we couldn't use. Nothing was done about it, but it was offered to keep the valuable in question at reception. We declined.
I and my husband would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Aaron P
Reviewed 23 March 2012

We really enjoyed our stay in this hotel which is very convenient to all the sites of Prague. The hotel was modern and the room was spacious and comfortable. The breakfast wasn't fantastic- I have a think with hotels not providing freshly squeshed OJ. I hate the watered down vesion they provided. The breads were a bit in the stale side also. Good access to tea/coffee 24 hours though which was a nice touch. Good value overall.

Reviewed 4 March 2012

We stayed in three other hotels in Prague. Hotel Friday is one of the best hotel in Prague. Although two of the other three hotels that we stayed had more stars hotels. Hotel Friday had a very central location.
The lobby is a bit small but it is very efficient. The rooms are big and clean.
The staff were kind and helpful. The service was very efficient.
The breakfast was more than enough.
We were told that there is new management or change of ownership during the recent years but still there were no compromise from the standard, and probably service is getting better.
The only problem maybe is finding a place in the hotel without reservation. Check the availability before going there.

1  Thank atesakinci