“Great Couples Weekend Retreat”

Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague
Ranked #51 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Great Couples Weekend Retreat”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We stayed at the Buddha Bar Prague over the Easter weekend and can’t wait to return during our next visit. We highly recommend this hotel, especially for couples wanting a quick and romantic weekend getaway in the centre of lovely Prague. We say thanks to all the staff who made our stay a bit extra special.

Recommendation – Book a dinner in the Buddha bar. We booked a table in the Buddha bar restaurant and were very satisfied. It was really a chilled out night, well needed after a long day of trekking on cobblestones in the cold rain dodging hoards of tourist groups and their stick-waving leaders. We also enjoyed pre/post drinks around the bar. Dangerously the cocktails are both delicious and reasonably priced ($6-8).

Check-in – We received a very warm welcome and check-in. Our rooms were not quite ready, but they offered us drinks and a light snack in the Siddhartha Café. I found this to be a good service point and didn’t mind the extra time waiting while soaking up the atmosphere and having a breather before hitting the town.

Room – The hotel had all the things you would expected like cleanliness, location, customer service. For me what set this hotel apart was the cool feel, room amenities like remote curtains, (wow I’ve never had remote curtains) and the hi-fi system connected to the TV / audio ports. Remember to bring your dual-headphone cables if you want to hook-up your ipod / mp3 to the cracking sound system. They also have a pillow menu for those of you who like that sort of thing.

NOTE TO MANAGEMENT – Our Room, 44; Some of the light switches are near breaking, you need to repair some of these to their full operational condition, that’s why I didn’t give the rooms a 5 of 5.

Breakfast – Breakfast was included in our room rates. The selection was good offering continental and cooked breakfast (eggs benedict, omelette, etc.)

Location – The location is literally in town centre next to the main old square, astronomical clock, cubic house, etc. It’s a very good base location and can walk within most of the cities sites. Also, it’s close to several other recommended restaurants (VinoDiVino, and Pasta Fresca).

Room Tip: I think you may find that the Room is the view in this hotel. I spent most of my time in awe of all...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
BBHPDirector, General Manager at Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague, responded to this review, 16 May 2012
Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your detailed review including warm words regarding our staff as well as the "note to management".
I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your weekend in Prague and hope to welcome you back soon.
Best regards,
Hotel Director
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Hitchin
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Everything about this hotel was truly lovely. It was exceptionally clean, the room and bathrrom were beautiful, the staff were friendly and helpful and the food in the restaurant was great. The bed was gorgeous, lovely, snuggly, clean duvet and lots of big pillows. I'm not ever a hotel lover and will only stay in a 5 star as I'd rather be in my own lovely house but this was fab! Will definitely stay there again on our next visit to Prague.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
BBHPDirector, General Manager at Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Dear Guest,
thank you for your compliments on our staff, hotel cleanliness, food etc.
I am happy to hear that you felt so comfortable with us during your stay away from your lovely home and that you enjoyed the cozy bed and a pleasant night´s rest.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
Best regards,
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I booked 3 rooms at the hotel for my family as my brother got married in Prague. The rooms were beautiful, spacious and super clean with nice little touches like remote controlled windows and curtains or Loccitan products in bathroom.

Location was perfect, short walking distance from everything. Breakfast was nothing like offered in most European hotels. Coffee and eggs made to order and served to your table while you can choose from a variety of great cheeses, smoked fish, fresh bread, fruit, granola etc. You won't stay hungry.

The service was fantastic- the desk staff booked restaurants for me and texted my cell to confirm it was done. The blonde breakfast server already remembered our preferences on the second morning and it added a nice personal touch.

My boyfriend and I are already discussing going back to this hotel. I can't praise it enough.

Thank you to Buddha Bar Hotel!

LK

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Lirilo
rome
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Hi, I've been in Prague for a meeting and I stayed at Buddha Bar Hotel. It was an amazing experience :) great place and fantastic service. I couldn't have had a better service....
I highly reccomend this place in Prague.
Thank you Buddha bar hotel for making my stay in Prague a wonderful experience.
Mohsen

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 16 April 2012

As I stay more than 60 nights a year in hotels for business, I was looking to take some time off in Prague, at the Buddha Bar Hotel

I discovered the BBH on TripAdvisor and got a good rate for a Premier room with breakfast with Amex (~AUD400/night). It was almost worth every single penny.

The Room
Nothing like what I had seen before. It's of course clean, but also carefully thought. The amenities are top notch and the home automation approach is appreciated.

The Location
It's ideally located in the old part of the city, in walking distance to a lot of things in Prague. It's also located close to the CEZAD shuttle drop-off point, the same shuttle that takes you back and forth to the airport.

Pleasantly surprised by:
- The quality of the room. Some effort was given to the design of the room, down to the small details.
- The room amenities with among others the complimentary Nespresso machine, the pseudo japanese toilet and the home automation features.
- The late buffet breakfast, up until 11AM!
- Hotel (via the travel agent) did not charge for cancellation fees as an emergency situation came up and I had to rebook.

Unimpressed by:
- The staff. It's the only thing that is not in par with the quality of this hotel. They generally lacked the communication skills required for such a hotel. Few examnples:
+ While I have more than enjoyed my stay in the BBH, I was not asked about it at all upon checkout.
+ During the first breakfast, I had to wait more than 15 minutes to get presented the beverage options, something that should take less than 2 minutes.
+ During the last breakfast, a staff member, who obviously just clocked-in, suddenly realised the music volume was not loud enough for him, pushing it up to an unacceptable volume.
+ Finally a comedy moment: at 6:30PM, somebody knocks at the door. I open. Three faces are looking at me, supposedly the room service staff. Some czech gets to my ears, and the staff members invites themselves to the room until they realise my wife was sleeping in the bed. A 3-people train with sorry faces gets right back outside, and I found myself with a box of chocolates in the hands, along with tomorrow's weather forecast.

Nitpicks:
- A private shuttle service to the airport would have been great
- The overall design approach to get rid of what's not necessary should have been pushed further, getting rid of the multiple remotes present in the room, and offering everything though say, an iPad. The TV menu has a poor user interface too.

Almost a 5-star rating, if it was not for the staff!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
BBHPDirector, General Manager at Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague, responded to this review, 15 May 2012
Dear guest,
thank you very much for your feedback including the highlights of your stay as well as the "nitpicks" which we will take into consideration.
Best regards and pleasant travels,