“Incredible 5* hotel, beautiful design and great location”

Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague
Ranked #50 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Incredible 5* hotel, beautiful design and great location”
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I've done a huge amount of travelling and this is without doubt the best hotel I've ever stayed in, simple as that. I spent 4 nights here at the end of March and loved every minute. The design is fantastic, everything looks wonderful - even down to the floor illuminated door numbers for the rooms (the corridors are all really dark and quiet, it looks amazing).
The room was beautiful: A small lobby with a huge bathroom in front (And what a bath! And what a shower! And a TV in the mirror - brilliant!), a toilet off to the right (never had a remote control for a toilet before!) and a great bedroom to the left. It takes a while to just take in quite how well designed it all is - and being a sucker for technology I loved the 40" B&O TV, the cube coffee maker, drawer fridge and the numerous (4 or 5!) remote controls for lights and curtains and.. well 1 defeated me, no idea what it did!

It's just not like any other hotel I've been in, and the understated way the staff look after you just adds to the perfect feeling of high 5 star, first class quality. It's truly an amazing hotel, and should I be back in Prague again, there's no question I'll be right back here.

And if you go - make sure you take the lift down 1 floor from the lobby and open the plain black door in front of you - it's like walking into another world! Looking down from the balcony in the wonderfully dark Buddha bar over the double height restaurant is amazing :-)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank mikeybyker
BBHPDirector, General Manager at Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Dear guest,
thank you for your positive review. I would like to compliment your attention to detail and your ability to put your feelings into words. We focus on providing a high standard of service with a special emphasis on sophistication and atmosphere. We are more than happy when ours guests recognize and appreciate it.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Hotel Director
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 30 March 2012

This is one of the best hotels I have stayed! I booked and prepaid everything before my trip and that was when the Volcano ash incident happened. I had to get off the plane in Moscow and so I couldn't cancel before the usual stipulated time. However, they told me I could come whenever I wanted and they would hold the reservation. The stay was perfect, the location is quite central and close to most attractions. The room was very luxurious and they have Budha bar music pre loaded in their Bang & Olufsen systems, so when you are not watching TV, you could have the music playing on the background. breakfast served in Sidharta cafe. And of course the star of the hotel is the Budha Bar itself. All in all, perfect stay! I stayed there in 2010 April. But had no option of selecting that, hence I selected 2011 April.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ajmba06
BBHPDirector, General Manager at Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Dear guest,
thank you very much for sharing your positive review and we are glad that at the end everything turned to be "splendid" (despite the Volcano ashes and flight cancellations).
We wish you great time during your travels and look forward to welcoming you back to Prague one day.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We went to Prague to celebrate our 17th anniversary. Having never been to Prague before we were unsure where to stay. We found BuddhaBar Hotel and it brought back fun memories of visiting the BuddhaBar Paris. We booked the hotel and everything was first class from the luxury car service at the airport to the beautiful orchids placed everywhere in our room. Nightly turn down service included gourmet chocolates and more orchids. Breakfast was a made to order delight with high quality items including fresh juices and fruit. The staff was always quick to help with any needs we might have.

The other beauty of the hotel is its location right in the heart of the old town area. We walked everywhere from the hotel and it was spectacular.

I would recommend this hotel without reservation. It was one of the best we've had the pleasure of staying at in our years of travel world wide.

Room Tip: The hotel is small and all of the rooms are huge by European standards. Wonderfully large bathrooms...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear guests,
we appreciate your review on Tripadvisor and are grateful for your anniversary celebration with us at Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague. I am happy to hear that everything was well arranged for your romantic stay and you enjoyed your "spring" time in Prague.
We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back one day.
Holmfirth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2012 via mobile

Everything about the hotel was first class from the decor to the service and perfect location to explore Prague.

Stayed February 2012
BBHPDirector, General Manager at Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Dear guest,
thank you for sharing your feedback, I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay at Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague. I must agree that the hotel location in the vibrant heart of Prague is great.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 23 March 2012

The hotel is superb! The staff is helpful and polite. The room and accommodations AAA. Free Wi-Fi, Nespresso machines, and Buddha-Bar entertainment system are a plus. The only thing they could improve is the breakfast. But overall I highly recommend it.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Dear guest,
I would like to thank you for choosing Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague and I am happy to hear that you feel that you did not go wrong with your choice...
Thank you for your feedback (and tip) as well as recognition of our staff.
I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future and you will be fully satisfied.
Veronika Fajčíková