Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel
US$ 425
US$ 172
US$ 155
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Hastal Prague Old Town(Prague)(Great Value!)
US$ 169
US$ 159
Hotels.com
Golden Well Hotel(Prague)
US$ 860
US$ 478
1,722 results
All reviewsthe club loungespg platinumold townduplex suiterooftop barbusiness hotelminute walkan upgradedecent hotelcoffee machinepublic transportationmain attractionsbeautiful citytram stopconciergecomputerseurope
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 May 2012

If you have stayed in a Sheraton before, this hotel will be very familiar, in a good way. It has been updated with all the Sheraton amenities- free wi if in the lobby, computers and printers (link) , a great platinum lounge with all day snacks and breakfast. The rooms have been updated, so they are very comfortable with great showers. Very nice rooms overall. The gym is very poor, my only complaint. The location in the new town by charles square is convenient, easy walk or metro to all sights.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank kbatlanta
Sheraton_Prague, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your nice review of the Sheraton Prague Hotel. We're always very happy to learn about guests who had a great stay at our hotel. I hope you will have a chance to return to Prague and on that occasion will choose to stay at our hotel again.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 23 May 2012

This hotel is a Sheraton but definately not one of the better. Where ever we went in Prague we were met by friendly people and good service. Not so at this hotel. The staff is not service minded and do absolutely not an inch more than they have to. They charge a fortune for breakfast so we did not even consider it. Instead we went to a nice café (Lambourgini) around the corner. They wanted €40 for parking, which is ridiculous. We will not return.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SwedenMep

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to learn you were not happy with your stay. I will discuss your review with the relevant heads of department in order to ensure that this will not happen again to any of our future valuable guests, or to you, should your travel bring you back. In the meantime I would like to wish you safe travels.

Reviewed 23 May 2012

From the time you enter the doors you are in for a treat. From the helpful concierge to the accommodating front desk agents and everyone that I met during my weekend stay at this Sheraton. The location is close proximity to the center of town, Old Town and the St. Charles Bridge. Spacious rooms and very clean facilities.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 May 2012

This hotel simply doesn't feel like 5*. Small room with TV and 2 mirrors facing the bed directly - not really pleasant.
I especially do not like the breakfast set-up - it is like a small labyrinth, you bump into people... not cool.
Check-in took 10 minutes, even though everything was pre-paid and pre-arranged.
For the price, there are much better options in Prague.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying and the Sheraton Prague Hotel. I would like to apologize if we were unable to satisfy all your expectations during your stay. Nevertheless we value all feedback provided by our guest, since it allows us to constantly improve and develop.

Reviewed 18 May 2012

I travelled to Prague for a three day business project, and I knew I was in for several very long working days, finishing in the early hours. I wanted a hotel that would be completely reliable, and a colleague wanted to stay in the Sheraton, so I went along with his suggestion.

I got exactly what I bargained for - a completely reliable, but uninspiring choice. The first impressions of the hotel aren't great, because the entrance seems unfathomably squeezed into the middle of a building. You enter the hotel through what feels like a corridor.

I was lucky to be upgraded, for which I was grateful, and was given a lovely room in the top of the hotel. True to Sheraton form, the room was of a high standard - modern, comfortable and nicely presented.

Beyond that, the hotel did not hit the high spots, though, and since I'd only just stayed in the Sheraton Bratislava, which was sensational, the comparison didn't reflect well on its Prague sister.

Service was functional, but not warm. Having read reviews on this site, I was expecting it, and the reviews aren't wrong. This hotel seriously needs to notice these reviews and look at its service ethic.

Unusually breakfast wasn't included in my room rate - big mistake by me - because I got caught out on my first morning and found myself royally ripped off to the tune of £25 for not much more than an omelette. Goodbye one star. I didn't make the mistake twice.

Then, when I tried to access the internet, I was presented with "payment options", which is always guaranteed to get my blood boiling. It is time hotels of this class realised that high speed internet is a UTILITY for businessmen NOT a LUXURY. It is exactly akin to electricity.

Imagine this conversation:
"Hello, is that reception?"
"Yes, this is reception, how may we help?"
"I don't seem to have electricity in my room!"
"Electricity, sir? We didn't realise you wanted that, but it can be arranged. Just choose if you want one hour's electricity or a whole night's worth and we'll charge you the relevant fee."

Does that sound stupid? Yes? Well that is how businessmen feel about paying for internet access. ARE YOU LISTENING HOTEL OPERATORS? (Deafening silence follows).

All sorts of other niggles followed. A taxi didn't appear, the coffee machine in my room dispensed something so rancid I think it might have had detergent in it etc, etc, Nothing major, but enough for me to conclude that if you want reliable, this hotel is on the button. If you wish for attention to detail worthy of the Sheraton name, look elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Prague Hotel and for providing us with your honest feedback. I'm sorry we came short of extending you a flawless stay, but I assure you that I will discuss the points you raised with my heads of departments and do our best to enhance the service we provide wherever possible. Maybe just a quick note regarding the Internet access - our guests are welcome to visit Link@Sheraton in the lobby with free Internet access and PC workstations.