“Nothing to fault”

Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel
Ranked #154 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Having just returned from a four night stay we found the hotel to be excellent. Our junior suite was quiet, spacious and well appointed. The food at breakfast and dinner was of a high quality. Service was attentive and discreet and our airport transfer by new Mercedes was good value and timely, despite a very early return. Hotel was central enough, around ten minutes walk to the old town.

Stayed: April 2012
Sheraton_Prague, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Dear James,

Thank you very much for staying at the Sheraton Prague Hotel and sharing your experience with other travelers on Tripadvisor. It makes me glad to learn you were fully satisfied during your stay and that you enjoyed your trip to Prague. We'll be looking forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Kind regards,

Hotel Manager

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 15 April 2012

Excellent hotel. Service personnel could be more friendly, especially at the reception and the concierge service. New and nicely designed rooms with modern interior. Great breakfast in terms of a beautiful presentation of the buffet and of quality. For families the rooms could be bigger but it was ok.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank timherden
Sheraton_Prague, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2012

Dear Tim,

Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Prague Hotel and sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor community. I'm glad that you start your review by describing our hotel as an excellent one. On the other hand, please accept my apology for the attitude of some of our associates at the Front Desk and Concierge. I will use your feedback and discuss it with the relevant managers, making sure this improve in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 14 April 2012

First the good stuff - the location of this property is great, very central and despite being located on a fairly busy road all rooms (we were a group of five) were very quiet. The rooms look recently renovated - no wow factor - but I doubt any guests would be dissapointed.

Now to what we found to be the hotel's main problem: its staff and service. The check in at the two check in desks is unbearably slow. We took in excess of 30! minutes to check in and that after having to wait for easily 10 minutes for the two receptionists to get off their phones to acknowledge us. Both were very unfriendly and spoke very poor English. The concierge desk is of no help at all - a very grumpy older chap was annoyed every time a guest addressed him - again very poor english, busy chatting with the bellboys and never able to organise a taxi. Not sure whether any of the guys at the concierge desk even understood our request for a good jogging route - enough said.

Breakfast in the morning is slightly below the usual Sheraton standard and well below the hotels other branded competitors that I have stayed at in town. Again service is very poor - no one to great you, slow to refill the average buffet - not one member of staff was interested in the guests.

The bar in the evening has no atmosphere and barmen that blatantly try to shut shop as early as possible - not really a big problem as there are plenty of great places to go to in the neighborhood.

If all you need is a decent room, no breakfast and you have plenty of time you'll be ok here - at the price they charge there are plenty of much better hotels nearby.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank alexandert
Sheraton_Prague, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Prague, as well as for having taken the time to complete our online guest satisfaction survey. I am devastated to learn that we have missed our opportunity to impress you whilst we had a chance to do so, especially with problems that you experienced during check-in and at the Concierge desk. However we reacted to this issue and added an additional check-in desk. Please accept my most sincere apologies for this negative experience and I do hope that we will have a chance to redeem ourselves at some stage, maybe the next you decide to visit Prague.

May I take this opportunity and invite you to contact me personally should your travel bring you back to Prague, so we can make sure, that we will not fail you when you are around.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 13 April 2012

Stayed here in March and found the hotel, the rooms and the staff to be wonderful. Large,comfortable rooms, free internet in the lobby, generally helpful staff, good restaurant and a great location combine to make this a top hotel for a wonderful stay in Prague.
My only complaint was one certain idiot who worked there. I had purchased a ticket to the ballet but everything on the ticket was in Czech so I asked an idiot (who obviously can't read) where I had to go. I gave him the ticket. He sent me to the National Theater, even though I had specifically asked whether it was at the Estates Theater because that is what I had been told.I went to the National Theater and was told that it was at the Estates Theater. Needless to say, I arrived late - and sweaty and out of breath from running.
I found out later that the first line of the ticket said "National Theater" but the second line said "Estates Theater". So, it was obviously too much trouble to read 2 lines.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor, as well as for staying at the Sheraton Prague Hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for the mishappening regarding you theater performance. This definitely is not in line with the Sheraton standards, and I will raise this issue at our regular meeting with all heads of departments. In the meantime, I would like to wish you safe travels, hoping you will choose our hotel again if you decide to return to Prague.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 13 April 2012

Wonderful hotel! Nice rooms, friendly and very helpful staff. Great location. We highly recommend it!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family