“Not an exceptional hotel but sufficient” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel

Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel
Ranked #152 of 667 Hotels in Prague
London
“Not an exceptional hotel but sufficient”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

close enough to the old city centre to be a few minutes walk. It is an unremarkable hotel but has standard Sheraton facilities – a good bathroom with a bath, good bed plus temperature controls that work. My room (515) was quiet and looked out onto, and was overlooked by, an internal courtyard. The reception staff were good but housekeeping, as at most hotels, let doors slam in the morning when I had a sign on my door that requested "quiet please".

Room Tip: rooms facing the courtyard will have minimal traffic noise
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank SeriousTraveller01
Sheraton_Prague, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for submitting your review to Tripadvisor and staying at the Sheraton Prague Hotel. Constructive feedback like yours allows us to identify areas in our day-to-day operations which could use certain level of improvement. I will discuss your points with our Executive Housekeeper, and make sure our maids are more considerate in the morning.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and let me wish you safe travels in the meantime.

Hotel Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

I needed to stay for 12 days, so had plenty of time to try all the services and get to know this hotel and its services and amenities. It was a wonderful experience in every way. At the check-in, I was given an upgrade by simply joining the Starwood Club, which cost nothing to do, but will allow me to begin collecting points with Sheratons and their affiliates. "Ondrej", the front desk shift manager was very helpful and set the tone for the next 12 days with his warm, professional welcome.

Although it has been several years that I visited Prague, I had lived there for almost 10 years, so I knew the area where the hotel sits -- near Charles Square, a great location considered in the heart of Prague -- not directly in the touristy center, yet just a few minutes walk to Wenceslas Square or the Charles Bridge.

With the help of the gracious F&B manager, Tomas, I had a reception for my former staff at the Diamond Bar one evening. He worked with me to create a drink and hors d'oeuvres offering for my guests, at an reasonable price. We were all so happy with the delicious canapes, drinks, and most of all, great atmosphere.

My room was great. It was a roomy suite that was cleaned twice a day. If you know anything about the Czech culture, you'll know that the Czechs take extra special care with their home interiors in terms of cleanliness. The maid for my room was a lovely Czech lady who anticipated how to arrange my things, what not to move, and she often left me extra bottles of water, toiletries, or fresh linens. I felt so cared for when in the evening I walked in to a turned-down bed with a little chocolate and night light illuminating.

I hope to make this great hotel my home-away-from-home whenever I return to Prague.

Room Tip: My room/suite was on the busy street Zitna, but I didn't hear a thing, given the double glass Fr...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Anne K
Dear Anne,

Thank you so much for sharing your lovely experience at the Sheraton Prague Hotel with the entire Tripadvisor community. The pleasure of having you in our hotel was definitely on our side, and we are looking forward to making our hotel your second home. Especially I would like to thank you for mentioning our associates Ondrej and Tomáš. Just the fact that you remembered their first names lets me know, that their attitude was truly a Sheraton one - warm, welcoming and professional.

Once again thank you for staying at the Sheraton Prague Hotel.

County Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

This hotel is in a 100 year old refurbished building, with many of the original touches still there. It is off the beaten track, but only a 5-10 minute walk into the Old Town, with a few just fine casual restaurants and a grocery store within 3 minutes. The staff were all pleasant, helpful and efficient. We had to purchase (!) several crystal pieces for a new house and they helped us with all that lugging and storing with grace and muscles!

Room Tip: Get upgraded to a suite on 2nd floor, 212 or 214 are lovely.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank MMN_53
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

My husband and I just stayed at the Sheraton for a long Valentines weekend. It was -17 outside the day we arrived and was that cold most of the time warming up to about -8 on our last day. The heat didn't work in our room and that was after being shown 3 other rooms. Room 306 is lovely but it didn't have any heat and we were under many blankets, duvets trying to keep warm. We were in that room the first day and most of the second and then we were moved to room 713 which I guess is the penthouse suite but not as nice as 306. We had paid for access to the club lounge but was really the most disappointing club lounge we have ever seen. Breakfast minimal, two pastries out through-out the day- two tiny pastries and evening appetizers very minimal. We had to pay more for the main breakfast in restaurant area which we didn't think we should have had to pay for as breakfast was supposedly included in club lounge. Oh and we paid £30 for 24 hour unlimited films and 1/2 way into that 24 hours both TV's in our room 306 blew out so we couldn't use them. We did get reimbursed for the £30 though. Some of the staff friendly and helpful some really quite rude. We wouldn't stay here again. We often stay at Sheratons around the world as you can usually count on them but not this one. Shouldn't be 5 star, thats for sure. Old hotel, have to walk through bar area and small dark hallways to find the lift. Oh and last day had to rush out of room in the morning as fire alarm went off and we all had to get out and stand out in cold and they thought it was real fire. What do you grab from your room if you are thinking things are going to be destroyed. Just our passports and money. Not a pleasant stay at all. Due to cold room and all other problems we felt that we should have had money taken off our final bill but they didn't. Oh well, live and learn. Having really not enjoyed our hotel stay must say that Prague is a beautiful, magical city and can't wait to visit it again but never in winter again.

Room Tip: 306 is a good room but don't go in winter
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank TiggsMorton
Mannheim, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

We had a lovely stay at the Sheraton. The location is perfect and the hotel is fairly new, thus is still in pristine condition. The rooms are large and they went over the top to accomodate our dog.
One bad point, at checkout, they tried to dramatically overcharge us at a rate different than that was prebooked. They corrected the problem eventually, after much confusion and accusations on their part about how and what site we booked on. Having lived in Prague for years, I am accustomed to the "czech way" in dealing with these issues, nonetheless, found their behaviour quite rude.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time and providing us with your feedback about your stay. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our hotel, as well as the great attitude of our staff while taking care of your dog. As far as the miscommunication at the check-out is concerned, I'll make sure to discuss this with our Front Office staff. Given the fact the Sheraton Prague Hotel is part of a respected multinational hotel chain, I'm positive this was not a deliberate attempt of overcharging, but a unfortunate miscommunication.

I will do my best in ensuring issues like these will not repeat in the future, and hope you will see for yourself when you visit our hotel next time.