Hostel Downtown
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$ 207
US$ 152
US$ 230
US$ 194
1,305 results
All reviewsbeer tastingwalking tourgil contifree walkingfree activitiespub crawlbeer pongfree dinnercommon roomprivate bathroomspecial thankscommon areasold townwalking distancethe location is perfectcharles bridgeprague castle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 January 2012

I had a very good time in this hostel. It is probably one of the cleanest youth hostel I will ever see in my life. Every member of the staff was smiling and helpful. I enjoyed to prepare traditional meals with Kristian and other people staying at the hostel.

The building is located near of tram and metro stations, grocery store, pharmacy, etc.

I would recommend this hostel without hesitation.

Reviewed 28 December 2011

My first trip where I have stayed in a hostel and I must say that I was impressed from the time I arrived at the hostel. Very congenial and courteous staff, well maintained premises - the place was very clean and bright.

Brilliant location - Charles Bridge and Old Town Square was within walking distance and so were two Metro stops.

Wifi connectivity was awesome with good speed and for those who do not carry any laptops or handheld devices, there are few computers to browse and check their emails and browse.

Missed the much heard about Kristian's walking tour in the night upto Prague Castle, as we had to leave the night when the tour was planned :(

Overall an awesome place to stay when in Prague at a very affordable price.

Reviewed 13 December 2011

I love Prague and this my second time in the city, but my first time at Hostel Downtown. It had a perfect location, right near the National Theatre between Wencelas Square and Old Town Square. The hostel was bright, clean, and comfortable. The folks at reception were kind and helpful. The kitchen/common area was well maintained and very nice, with two stove tops. The beds were nice to sleep on, with great pillows and warm comforters. The night excursions with Kristian were fun and informative! He was hillarious and brought my friends, I, and other folks in the hostel to some of my favourite spots in Prague. He knew the history and we even all got to cook traditional Potato Soup and hot cocoa as a large group. I highly recommend the hostel, whether you're alone or with others; it's comfy, perfectly placed, and events with Kristian make it easy to get to know others and the city!

Room Tip: I was in room 18, of the large dormitory (just 6 beds in that part and 4 in the other part) and it was just fine. I was with 3 girls, but we had no issues. A bit chilly due to historic windows, but it was fine!
Reviewed 10 December 2011

It was my first time staying in a hostel and from the moment I arrived at the front desk I felt welcome. The rooms were clean, tidy and comfortable. They have the most stylish decorated lounge I have ever seen. I love the colours and the fact that it was so comfortable there!

Kristian was hilarious on our evening excursions and also very helpful like all the other staff. Staying in Downtown was way better than I expected it would be and I felt really at home. I would definitely recommend Downtown. Its prices also fit in with my tiny budget. :)

Natalie van der Berg

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 November 2011

This was our third hostel and it provided everything that we thought a hostel would and should be. Starting with the first night only a couple of hours after checking in going out to eat with other people from the hostel guided by Kristian. Perfect way to get to know others as well as find some where decent and relatively inexpensive.

Room was comfortable and warm, a nice breakfast available at low cost to start your day in a new city. All provided by friendly staff. Couldn't ask for much more

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple