“CENTREALLY LOCATED HOTEL”
Review of Hotel Thermal

Hotel Thermal
Ranked #44 of 91 Hotels in Karlovy Vary
Reviewed 4 October 2017

I visited in September 2017. Hotel is centrally located and everything is walking distance from hotel. Many people come in this hotel for Thermal treatment. It's room are ok but location is very good. I was there for only one night.

Stayed: September 2017
Tamara K, Director of Sales at Hotel Thermal, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Dear guest, thank you very much for your comment. Our location is very good – we are in the city center, directly at the colonnade zone with healing springs. I believe that you can come for longer relax or treating stay and enjoy Karlovy Vary for more days. I wish you a nice day and hopefully see you in hotel Thermal again.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 28 September 2017

Spent 7 days at Hotel Thermal. My first time to Karlovy Vary. The floor of the swimming pool and Jacuzzi was burnt and we knew after we went there. I liked my full board stay with treatment at the hotel. The variety of food is great. The hotel needs a lot of renovation, and staff can be more friendlier. Over all I liked my stay at Karlovy Vary.

Stayed: September 2017

Dear guest, thank you very much for your comment. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay. I believe that soon we can open our wellness center, which is now renovating after the fire situation. Next year we should star with the reconstruction and we already now looking forward having a new hotel rooms, reception and lobby area and other nice premises. Wishing all the best.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

I stayed at the hotel last year and loved everything about my vacation in Thermal.

These year a fire destroyed the Spa. I came to KV two days after the fire. The reception of the balneo was chaoting. I stayed for two hours in line to found out that they my list of therapeutic procedures will be done till 12 0 clock--> I get the list at 18:00 o´clock while waiting the whole day in my room. The procedures started on Wednesday ( I arrived on Sunday!!!). Most of my procedures were at the hotel Lazne V. Walking between the building in between the procedures defeated the whole purpose of the healing, especially during rainy weather.
The massage at Thermal was twice done with opened windows ( I asked several time to close the window, but the masseuse didn´t react) and once with the TV on.
Noone sayed sorry for the discomfort. Hotel Thermal reimbursing me with 6 euros despite the spa costs 19 euros per day and a ticket to go to the public spa in Lazne V. once for 90 minutes.
The reception staff was unfriendly and lying. When I asked for the manager I was told that I can´t talk with him and talking to him wouldn´t change anything anyway.

Stayed: July 2017
Tamara K, Ředitel prodeje at Hotel Thermal, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Dear guest, thank you very much for your review. The fire situation was unexpected for everyone. We are very happy that nothing happened to no one and nobody was hurt. After this fire situation, when 2 floors were totally damaged, we provided choices to all our guests: or to cancel the rest of the stay free of charge or to have treatments in closes building 5 minutes walking distance or money return for each unused treatment. Treatments included in the packages have different price that treatment buyable extra. That´s why it is always better to but the full board plus treatment package than separately book accommodation, than lunch and dinner and additionally treatment by treatment. In such a case the price per night might be more than double compare to the package price. I understand that the 6 EUR per treatment as the refund might seems like low amount.
All our staff and management were ready to help; we talked to clients and travel agencies immediately after the fire situation and during next days. There were notes and information letters in elevators, at receptions and at each room. I am very surprised that the receptionists do not allow you to talk to anyone from management. I personally had many meetings with clients who wanted and needed to talk to manager. Kindly accept my apology for that.
At the moment we are happy to have all treatments available in our hotel. The only what is still under the reconstruction is wellness center including the indoor pool. I am sure that when you will come again, you will find the balneo wellness center nice and well, exactly as how you remember it from your last year stay. Until that time I wish you all the best. Kind regards, Tamara Klein, Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed 11 August 2017

This was my worst experience ever! I rate this hotel a 2star hotel. During my stay at Thermal between 7/16/17-30/7/17, due to severe violations of fire regulations during installation of the sauna in the wellness center , sudden fierce fire started in the wellness center on 7/20/17 during late afternoon hours.
Building was evacuated and all the guests of the hotel had to stay outside of the hotel at the terrace for 6 hours while the fire brigade was putting out the fire. While the guests were waiting outside, there were no representatives of the hotel administration to provide clear and direct instructions to the guests in terms of what to expect and how to act in case the guests would need to spend the night outside of the hotel wrapped in the sheets. Majority of the guests at Thermal are elderly individuals who suffer from many chronic diseases and none of the guests were provided with anything to make their sitting outside more comfortable (e.g. cushions) . Neither were the guests provided with clear instructions regarding their upcoming therapeutic procedures in the burned wellness center. When the guests were allowed to return to their rooms after six hour wait outside, the hotel building was reeking toxic vapor emanating from the burned wellness center. For persons suffering from chemical sensitivity, taking an elevator could have been easily become their last journey. I asked the personnel for a mask to use so I could use the elevator without going into a laryngeal spasm. I was told that the hotel did not have any masks to provide me with. Nextr morning after the fire, the reception of the hotel turned into a human zoo. Elderly ailing clients literally stormed the reception of the balneo in a desperate attempt to find out how to proceed with their therapeutic procedures. Exhausted and hysterical personnel could hardly function to help the patients, and again there was no administratioj in sight to explain anything. Thermal wellness center was burnt, and patients had to get their procedures in a public wellness center that treats thousands of patients from the entire Karlovy Vary area. Scheduling the procedures for unexpected number of patients was almost an impossible mission. Walking between the building in between the procedures defeated the whole purpose of the healing, especially during rainy weather. In addition to reeking toxic fumes in the elevators and around the hotel, having to fight for the acceptable schedule for the prpcedures was the last straw. That’s not to mention that the guests could not connect to the hotel wi-fi from their rooms and were told that the clerks can do nothing because the hotel’s wi-fi is under pressure. To top the pleasure of staying in Thermal, on my last day of stay I was “pleasantly surprised” by having two pidgeons come into my room while I was taking a nap. The hotel does not take any measures against the birds so I woke up from my nap to the coos of the birds who flew into the room through the balcony door. It took me an hour to shoo out the unexpected visitors. I was “rewarded” for my patience and tolerance and discomfort by Thermal reimbursing me for the procedures I had not received with prices three times lower than they charge per their price list. No attempts to apologize or to fairly reimburse the client were made. I will remember this vacation for the rest of my life, and hope I can save other patients from the traumatic healing thermal can offer to their clients.

Room Tip: dont use the rooms on the top floor. You might have a pidgeon visit you.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank annagetsis

Dear guest, thank you very much for your review. The fire situation was unexpected for everyone. We are very happy that nothing happened to no one and nobody was hurt. I am really surprised about the situation you describe after the evacuation. Our staff was immediately helpful, coordinated and provided refreshment and blankets to persons staying outside. Until today we do not received any complains regarding the evacuation. The decision of the time spending out of the building was done by the head of firemen. Kindly believe that if it would be safety to return to the hotel building earlier, we will definitely do it. The safety of all our guests is the priority.
After the fire situation, when 2 floors were totally damaged, we provided choices to all our guests: or to cancel the rest of the stay free of charge or to have treatments in closes building just 5 minutes walking distance or money return for each unused treatment. The true is that next morning after the fire situation came over 300 persons at the same time to change treatment schedule or cancel them all; it was really too many people for our staff. But within the next 1,5 day we managed it and guests could continue with their treatments.
All our staff and management were ready to help; we talked to clients and travel agencies immediately after the fire situation and during next days. There were notes and information letters in elevators, at receptions and at each room. I am sure that we did maximum to make our clients as much as comfortable and provided them necessary information.
If I knew about your unsatisfaction during your stay, I will be glad to meet you personally and find solution to make your stay relaxed and happy. I am personally very sad that you did not enjoy your stay. I wish you no any other holiday with fire situation in the future. My kind regards, Tamara Klein, Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

I've went to alot of hotels and this was my worst experience ever! I rate this hotel a 2star hotel. For these specific reasons, the AC is not working, we had to sleep for 4 days without an AC and when we wanted to find a solution the reception man said that you can buy your own fan! So you have a problem and we pay more for your responsibility to make our self satisfied? I never knew that after talking to the busy manager he told us that they will purchase a fan for us which they didn't we waited till the next morning i called and they brought us a small junky fan. Other than that, my father had problems connecting to their wi-fi and when he went to ask that told him that they can do nothing and that their wi-fi is under pressure. As expected they still did not fix the problem they made him have his own data plan. I also discovered that everyone has a different rule and different talk, so i called the reception at night, they told me that you will have to wait till tomorrow morning because the ones that clean will provide you with the iron i was fine with that. So i called the next morning and another receptionists told me a whole different story :) she said that i have to go all the way down to get a room key and go back to my room and hold 6 pieces of clothes and go upstairs to the room and iron! I did not understand how come? I had no clothes left to wear! What why and how? Everyone says something different! Other than that which I forgot to mention is that i washed all my dirty clothes by hand because they told me at first that they will pick up the laundry in the morning and get it back at night! Which later i found that they take 3-4 days to make the laundry! Believe me now that I'm really pissed off these are not the only issues we faced but much more!! I've visited alot of hotels around the world i swear this hotel is so bad! Bad in service and bad in accomidation! And if you think their treatment are good! Well a small suprise to say that my mother and father had no improvement! I hope this message goes to everyone because you will regret it! :)

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear guest, thank you very much for your review. I am really sorry for your troubles with laundry and our reception. I will be very thankful if you contact me personally that we can go through all your situations happened during your stay. I am daily in the hotel and I do not know about that. My email is klein@thermal.cz. I am sure that we find the solution for above mentioned situation. Best regards, Tamara Klein, Director of Sales & Marketing