All reviews modern hotel fast wifi buffet breakfast hotel catering clear tables the upper floors took ages lift capacity comfortable beds nice room couple of nights no doubt city centre tour group spent two nights cesky krumlov air con
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Pretty good hotel. Friendly service.
The hotel is just renovated but some things are badly designed. Also the couch was dirty with moist spots clearly visable. The tv is poorly located in the living. Also there is no radio on the tv. Only news channels. Funny is that after the renovation the hotel didnt think about saving money and still uses the old bulbs.
The price is quite high for a small suite.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

WE STAYED IN THIS HOTEL FIRST AND LAST TIME!!!

Two nights: 4 and 5 September 2017

It is time the hotel industry wakes up to this disgusting appalling  practice!!!

Hotel owners should be  heavily fined or even imprisoned  when hotels in order to save energy switch off the air extraction in the bathroom without windows for any time when customers are in rooms.

Apart the disgusting point of hygiene, waking up with headaches and stuffy is not a way to enjoy to stay  and pay for this.

Depriving people from fresh air if it is not criminal offence should be!

Most people are not aware that when you hear the air conditioning blowing, it is  the same air going around.
The extraction in the bathroom is the only way the air gets replaced with fresh air.

This is one of the few hotels where beyond any doubt they have times to switch off the air extraction in the bathroom for most of the time of the day.
I have video evidence where it was only switched on morning and evening.

When I complained, the hotel manager Mr. Martin Ptolka pretended this was not possible. First he was saying the extraction was normal but after I persisted with evidence  he was saying it should be one hour on one hour off!!!  This is totally unacceptable!!!!

When I said I don't pay for this appalling disgusting condition., the following night the air extraction stayed on.

Hotels that have these disgusting appalling standards, they loose respect from me and I regard them the lowest of the low and  never give them repeat business.

Antonio D'Ettorre

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Quite a nice hotel but not suitable for anyone who could not manage the stairs as the lifts are totally inadequate for the number of guests. A couple in our party waited over 20 mins for a lift while the rest of us resorted to carrying our bags down the stairs, not an option for those on the top floors.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
MartinStolka, General Manager at Clarion Congress Hotel Ceske Budejovice, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Dear 537judiths,

I would like to thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay at Clarion Congress Hotel České Budějovice.

I hope this failure not deter you from returning to the hotel and providing a second chance and hope to see you on your next visit into České Budějovice.

Thanking you so much for staying with us and for your review, I am,

Yours truly,

Reviewed 10 September 2017

Spent 2 nights in this hotel in room 1007, nice room with a good view, roomy with comfortable beds,no bath only a shower, but hot with good pressure, main problem was the lifts, 2 out of 3 working, and one night with 11 coach tours in the lifts were going from floor 0 to floor 16, and not stopping in between, when the did stop they were overloaded and after 10 minutes frustration finished up walking down 10 floors for breakfast on the 1st floor, and after breakfast down to the 1st floor to get a lift back up.
With the Hotel being so full, breakfast was an experience, with the staff trying to clear tables, often before you'd finished, turn your back and your tea or half eaten toast disappeared, having said that there was a good selection for breakfast, once you'd worked out where everything was.

Room tip: Either a low floor or the top floor
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear TonyDelrusci_,

I will pass on your comments regarding the breakfast team. Please accept my apologies for the lift situation during your stay. I this moment we are ready to bring another two public elevators for our guest. We will be finished with this reconstruction in the beginning of the next year.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed an overnighter during a customer trip at this hotel during my last customer trip. Was surprised over the room rates considering this is a really nice hotel. Theres also a good bar and restaurant but we only tried out the bar. Really good prives there as well. Will definetly go back here for our next trip.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Christian F,

Thank you for being our guest and for leaving a wonderful review.

I am glad to read you will go back for your next trip. We look forward to taking care of you during your next stay!

Thanking you so much for staying with us and for your review, I am,