All reviews dive shop aqua action st thomas cruzan beach club bedroom condo great snorkeling secret harbour beach octopus beach bar lounge chairs charlotte amalie beach staff colorful fish no see ums coral reef wedding coordinator per person
Reviewed 14 August 2018

I took my son on a dive trip for graduation and we had a beautifully-appointed room, nicely furnished, and the staff, including the cleaning crew, restaurant waitresses, and front office staff were very nice and very focused on customer service. We went diving from the beach through Aqua Action the first day and it was very nice. We followed that with other boat dives that were enjoyable and not far from the resort. The restaurant food is good but the resort is very close to Red Hook where there are several, very good restaurants.

The beach is very nice and so is the beach staff. The grounds are well cared for and the place is lovely. There is a pool up the hill and a day on the beach is very relaxing.

I highly-recommend Secret Harbour, if that isn't obvious.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank DCrutch8
Reviewed 13 August 2018

Secret Harbour Resort is rebuilding from the 2 storms from last year. There are just a few more finishing touches to have everything back to normal. The friendly and helpful staff is always around and most of the beach front property is completed.
Book early to secure on the beach suites. The hilltop suites are also beautiful next to the pool. Only one restaurant is on site, but there are many more just a short drive away. Food store is 5 mins away. 30 mins to airport and 25 mins to downtown.

Room tip: Beachfront is the best. The hilltop (mountain view) - You will have to walk down a steep stairway to get to the beach.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank lennypn935
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

We returned here for our ten year wedding anniversary, and were delighted to find the newly renovated rooms. Rooms are full of light, spacious, with a great kitchen and dishwasher. The balcony is just spectacular.

The beach remains utterly gorgeous with the best beach snorkeling on St. Thomas.

The restaurant is expensive and mostly sub par (except for the one meal when the fish special was amazing).

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Anamika47
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

We where on a Cruise and was offered by a cab company to take us to this resort for the day he explained to us that is was a beautiful beach so we went with him we got there after a very wreckless drive I couldn't believe how fast he was driving around the turns we where in a 14 passenger
White van I didn't think we where going to get there in one piece I had my 6 year old granddaughter and she was scared to death she was crying she wanted her car set!
After the long frightening drive up and down hills we arrived and he informed us that we owed him $80. For the 4 of us. He said he would be back to pick us up to take us back to the cruise port he wanted paid then on the spot but I was Very curious and I told him I would pay him when he returned us back to the port. He wasn't happy with me but to my surprise he did stay and wait on us we where there for about and 1 hour but we might would of stayed longer but a boy working at this resort told us be couldn't us there beach chairs he was very rude it wasn't like there was that many people on the beach where the chairs were setting out on the beach in the sand but he stacked them up so we wouldn't use them. We had to set in the sand. I saw him talking to the man that drove us there I really though it was a scam that they told us about this private resort and take us there and then let us be treated rudely. As we where getting ready to leave we where washing the sand off of us at a water faucet the nasty boy reminded us again that we where not allowed to use the resort amenities, the old man that drove us there rushed us to the van as we where leaving I noticed as we where drive that the scenery wasn't the same so I asked him if he was taking us a different direction and reminded him that we had to be back at the ship by 3:30pm and he told me that it would be longer because he had to pick up more people he wasn't very nice and driving like a crazy person again as we come to as stop I noticed people walking between some bushes and then I remembered seeing the same people on the cruise ship the day before I was relieved, the driver walked around the van and told me and my granddaughter to move up to the front bench set with my son and sister, the family we picked up was large I didn't count the people but they where packed in the back and 2 kids where setting on the adults laps and the father had to set in the front passenger set, the air conditioner wasn't working and everyone in the back was complaining they couldn't breathe. But back to the complaint I think the resort is making off of the cab company or why would they be allowed to drop there passengers off at the resort it all seemed a little shady to me. While we where at the resort I asked a couple other people that were setting in the lounge chairs if the resort was nice and they told me they wouldn't recommend it and that they wouldn't return. I noticed that they were painting and working on rooms because I saw room doors open and guys walking in and out as they were working. My son was setting at the bar and I noticed that the bar tender wasn't very social and my son asked for a menu and everything on it was very expensive the cheapest thing was fried pickles and they where $10. So I don't think I will not be visiting this Resort this is not the way to treat guest, I would think they would have respect for guest hoping they would return. Guess not!!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank mffgetz
Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

One of the best vacations I ever had will go back for sure The staff was lovely the beach was beautiful everything about it was enjoyable and relaxing I wish I could have stayed longer Hey one who goes there will have an enjoyable time

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Christine S