“Nans birthday meal ”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Pub and dining
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This pub has dramatically changed since the management has changed. I visited here with my family for my nans birthday meal.

The food and service was of a poor rate, all the food was cold also came out at different times.
The women serving our food might as well of pulled her self out a chair and joined us. When confronted about the food it was almost like we insulted her from there she just had her back up and it was daggers for the rest of the time spent here.

Also the toilets are of a poor standard looks like they only get cleaned once a week.

Overall as a family of 15 not one person was happy with there food or service strongly recommend to avoid this establishment.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This local pub is pretty good, I don’t think I’ve eaten poor food or received poor service and it doesn’t get any more local for me!

1  Thank GarryPHarvey
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent fillet steak and very good value for money. Good service and pleasant ambience (no football -thank goodness).

1  Thank Linda C
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Where do I begin?
We had booked a table for Mother’s day. We were told to pre order which we did.
When we arrived we were seated and a waitress came over with menus! Why bother to pre order?
We ordered our drinks and when they came they were wrong. So we had to get those sorted out.
We ordered and waited. The prawn cocktail was ok. My partner didn’t have a starter, he enjoyed my brown bread that came with the prawn cocktail though.
For main we both had steak. It wasn’t bad. The chips were nice.
I felt sorry for my mum as she had ordered a chicken Sunday roast. This came with thick beef gravy! Onion gravy would have been better. The whole roast tasted like beef gravy!
For dessert we were told that the brownie was sold out even though we had pre ordered our food!!!!
Instead we had the chocolate tart which was nice.
For us there were too many kids especially as it was a busy evening.
Would we go back - no.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Overall a very enjoyable night....food is very good and landlady or owner was very friendly....nothing she couldn't do for you......nothing was too much trouble !
Rod tribute was not what I expected but entertaining and everyone enjoyed it ....everyone up singing and dancing
Good choice of beers and wines too