“Wow very impressed! Fantastically made pasta!”
Review of Rosso

Rosso
Ranked #4 of 18 Restaurants in Bothwell
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Ok, this was a bog standard sit down ,after being at Bothwell Dental Care, my trusted dentists. We were starving and decided as it was such a lovely day we would sit outside. I ordered the prawn and Italian sausage pasta and my son had the pepperoni pizza. The pasta was fantastic, some people think pasta is easy to make, but I disagree, it is difficult to get it right! This was spot on, the depth of flavour coating the pasta was amazing, spicy, but light, soft prawns perfectly cooked and the sausage put the weight into what I believe was cooked by a fantastic chef. I have travelled all over Italy in the last 10 years, the best I have had was in Positano, but that was clam linguine , very impressed and will be visiting again, a real gem. Well done!

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Stopped by for coffee & croissants. Wasn’t disappointed. Nice friendly staff. Warm atmosphere. Great service.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

My second visit whilst working in the area- all very friendly very nice starter and main course very generous helpings and reasonable cost - I will be leaving stuffed and happy !

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

We have been going to this restaurant for the last 4/5 years now.i have gone on my own I have been with my family and friends I even introduce my uncle from America too it while he’s was emigrating back home.

I’m very sad too say I’m sure that will be me done with the restaurant now due to too many mistakes being made with the food orders.this is nothing too do with the front of house staff it’s down too the chefs.

Today was the icing on the cake.we all ordered food and our drinks all came quickly,but on arrival of my breakfast I found my food to be but in what I could describe as a burger bun.said too the waitress she then took the food back and kindly changed it for me came out with the correct item I asked for(panino),upon checking the food again I noticed they hadn’t even read the food check too find out what I ordered,their for my order was wrong again.again another mistake small but still a mistake.so after it was taken back again and served too me correctly.

In the end I did enjoy my food but with this on the back of my mind,it is very annoying and deeply sad that this isn’t the first time I have sent food back and on other occasions it has taken a couple more f times too get right.

I could can mentions other thing that have changed and I feel that the picked the custom and then changed little things that have not been liked by a lot of customers that I have spoke too through out living in bothwell as-well.

I’m sorry it has came too me not returning for food again.

Disgruntled customer indeed.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

Popped in for a few drinks and have to say, this is a lovely place with a great atmosphere. The staff were so friendly and very tentative. Would definitely recommend.