“Family lunch”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2018

What a disappointment this place is circulating the drain ,needs a shake up.we visited on a Friday it was a nice day the place should have been packed.service was slow,people were leaving without being served we wanted the market menu but were presented with the a la carte.

4  Thank brackenscotland

Reviewed 8 July 2018

was able to get a table on a busy Friday night .. food was amazing , tasty and plentiful and a relaxing atmosphere .

1  Thank jeemScotland
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

Lovely meal, attentive service, delicious cocktails and wine, and lovely weather meaning could enjoy the outside area - what more can you ask for??

1  Thank Ann Marie M
Reviewed 4 July 2018

We are regular diners in Da Luciano’s but since the new management have taken over standards have certainly dropped. We kept going because we always like to give new owners a chance to iron out the teething problems. However, they have only ruined what was once a good restaurant.

The new management have a serious attitude problem. They make you feel as if they are doing you a favour by giving you a table and seem to forget that you are spending considerable sums of money in their establishment. If they keep this up they are going to lose all their clientele as Bothwell is cramped with good eating places and no one has to go to Da Luciano’s to eat.

Their service has also deteriorated. The good waiting staff have all left and the new staff have been left to their own devices. They are nice enough but haven’t got a clue as to what they are doing. They just seem to wander around with drinks going from table to table asking people if the drinks are for them. Don’t they have a table numbering system?

Speaking of systems, when you are seated it is ages before someone comes up to ask if you want any drinks and then ages before any drinks arrive at your table – perhaps this is because it has done a tour of the restaurant before getting to you and then ages again before someone comes up to take your order. There is also a long wait between courses for your food and usually the main course is always cold when it arrives. I have had to send the main courses back on numerous occasions because of this.

It is all a shame really because the food here is good but that will be down to a good chef that they have retained but it’s the front of house that is driving everyone away.

I think after giving them so many chances to get things right, my patience has finally run out and I won’t be back!

Get it sorted Da Luciano’s!

3  Thank Fastidious05
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

Visited as a group of 4 for lunch on a sunny Friday lunchtime.Pre-booked to ensure that we could reserve an outside table in the sun.No problem there other than an extremely broken English response that that was fine although a slight time mix up and a quickly spoken mention about the menu that I couldn’t quite understand.Clarified that time was quarter past the hour and not to the hour and that was that.On arrival we got our outside table with no problem.Then we were handed the menus which wasn’t lunchtime special menu that was approx £12.95 for two courses that I had previously looked up on line.Same menu but no mention of two course special and prices were about £4 dearer per person for the two courses each .I enquired about this to the waitress who mumbled something about ‘oh for outside better seats in the sun the special menu didn’t apply’Hmmmm is this legal?Same restaurant,same food?Anyway as we were hungry and it was hot and the company was pleasant,I decided to bite the bullet and enjoy lunch anyway.To be honest,the food was lovely and enjoyed by all of us.However,service was very very slow and place was nowhere near busy.We initially ordered drinks(predominantly soft drinks)and we waited for ages.We had our starters long before I had to ask where our drinks were and the wait for the starters was about 30 mins.Also there were no salt,pepper or in fact any condiments at all at the table and had to ask for them only to have them put on the table after the starters had been out for 5 mins.We saw pepper grinder sitting by the till and some of us wanted the grinder.When I asked for this pepper,the waiter pointed to our little pot of pepper and grumpily said’there its there’Had to point to the grinder and he went off and took drinks order at another table first.Got fed up waiting and one of our party went over and lifting the grinder from beside the till.5 mins later the same waiter came over with another grinder and was put out that we had gone and got our own.Main courses arrived after another very long wait.They were lovely but our experience was soured by the blatant overcharging for the privilege of sitting outside at a ‘superior’table with not even a napkin or condiments.I ask again Is this legal practice?Perhaps the waitresses mumbled chatter when reserving the table alluded to this but I don’t think so.Regretably,I think we should have made a fuss and left,but we didn’t,so it was partly our fault but my heart and my stomach ruled my head.Ripped off.

2  Thank Bern20