“Disappointing meal”

Bothwell Bridge Hotel
Ranked #9 of 19 Restaurants in Bothwell
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Four friends visited here for dinner on a fairly busy Saturday evening.
The service was average at best and the food was well below average.
This was a poor experience and we will not return.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 17 April 2018

I'll explain that title very quickly - the potential for this restaurant to really glow is there! The service was attentive, friendly and efficient. However, the cooking was somewhat mixed - a good for example was the difference experienced by myself and my colleague over one particular starter - the deep fried mozzarella. Mine was cooked on the outside ok, but barely heated on the inside. I eat it as I'm ok with cold mozzarella & salad, but wouldn't have chosen it again as it wasn't what I was expecting. the following night, my colleague asked me my opinion of the dish as she fancied it for her starter, so I related my experience. When the Waiter took the order, we pointed to this and Lo & Behold, the dish was perfectly cooked with the cheese soft, hot and stringy as it should be. So, there is nothing wrong with the skillset in the kitchen, just the attention to detail? I kinda got that there was a lack of passion in the food, which was a shame as the ingredients were definitely of good quality - I'll leave it there..

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 15 April 2018

The staff were helpful in the restaurant and there was a good choice on the menu. All the food I had at dinner and breakfast was well cooked and appetising.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

We went for a family lunch a few weeks ago and found the service to be cheery enough, but the food was distinctly average - my lasagne was definitely reheated rather than cooked fresh, so the pasta was soggy and the overall taste was bland. Burgers were marginally better though.

Subsequently we went for afternoon tea for two which was really disappointing, from the broken chair to the flat prosecco... from the rock hard scones to the hard sandwiches. I'd wager that not one bit of it was freshly made. The cappuccino was great but not good enough to warrant a repeat visit, no way.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Since the refurb the decor is very nice and the bar area is cosy and welcoming.
The food was not exactly to my taste but my wife enjoyed hers. Only real criticism from em would be that my fish was very greasy. Overall very nice with great staff.