All reviewsown transportbig kitchenbunk bedsbeautiful locationoff the beaten trackblue stack mountainsdonegal townenjoyed our stayrosemaryfacilitiestaxitvireland
Reviewed 29 August 2017

We were a group of 30 with 16 teenagers from a Community Youth Project in Dublin. The hostel is in a beautiful setting. It as a lovely hostel and is bright and spacious. It is also extremely clean and has been looked after well. The staff at the hostel could not do enough for us. We would highly recommend it.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 27 July 2017

Big hostel. Once we were given the key's we had the whole place to ourselves. Basic room with bunk beds in the dorm, You have to make your own bed and strip again next morning . Great big kitchen for self catering. Would be good for a group of friends travelling together not too far from Donegal town itself although you would need transport as not much in surrounding area apart from a pub 5 mins away

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2017

It is a decent place to stay. COmfortable and with commodities. There is a kitchen available and a fridge. However, if you want to go out to eat, you need to go to the next town. The bathrooms are shared, but there are enough.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 26 June 2017

I really think there are absolutely better hostels in Donegal in other places. If I really enjoyed to walk in the Bluestack moutains, I can't say my night at the center was good. The manager is not really interested by welcoming guests. I was with a noisy family, and there is no phonic isolation in this hostel. The heating in the shower was switched off, I had to take my shower in the collective bathroom of the center. No drama, but not my best remember of my trip in Donegal.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 June 2017

My son and I had a very warm welcome in the Bluestack hostel. We were even invited to join the dinner after the charity walk, the Bluestack Challenge. Very special to us was our trip on the e-bikes, provided by the centre. Thanks for all your kindness, a countless number of rides from and to Donegal, great travelers advice and above all, a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family