Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Leavesden
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Warner Bros. Studio Tour London is a behind-the-scenes walking tour which immerses guests into the world of film-making. The tour features authentic sets, costumes and props that showcase the British artistry, technology and talent that goes into producing world famous and successful movies, created at Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden. The Studio Tour will initially focus on the Harry Potter film series which has made the Studios its home for over 10 years.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

great day loved it all both from the technical bits to the casting great stuff go visit and have a great day Especially loved the wands

All reviews
in 624 reviews
"short film"
in 321 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Bought tickets before seeing the play.....

A slick money machine ringing out the last drop of tourists coin into the cash cow that JK books have spawned.

I was looking forward to seeing the props and studios used in the films along with my 3 children ages ranging from 7 to 16.

At the start of the tour we were enthralled with all the FREE things to do during our studio visit.

In the studios one of my children pretended to elevate a broom stick, hurried along by a soulless employee.

Ushered towards the GCI broomstick flying with “FREE to take part”.

All 3 had a go on the CGI and photos taken afterwards. I thought what a nice touch to give the children something unique to take home. Then the fun ended and I was handed tickets and pointed to a pay point so we could purchase our FREE to do experience.

No prices were prominent. No mention this was the same as a rollercoaster photo opportunity. Upon asking why there was no obvious pricing and the GCI was NOT FREE I was told it wasn’t allowed to display prices.

The actual cost for a video was £25.00 each. And £17 for a photo.

Warner bros want another £125 off me including the entrance ticket!

The cloak of invisibility couldn’t have done a better job.

So many customers, doesn’t really matter if you try to rip off the parents by pester power.

We came, we saw, we left feeling poorer both in spirit and financially!

By the way... Butter Beer tastes of cream soda. The bus driver told us on our trip back to the station.

Don’t buy the chocolate frog for £8.95. It’s cheap chocolate and adequately reflects our trip to Harry Potter “Cash Cow” studio tour London.

8  Thank sue5552015
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Booked via website which I found a little confusing, booked train separately.
Getting there from London is really easy, train from Euston to Watford junction and then bus outside station (£5 for couple return)
Once you get there you can collect your tickets from a machine outside using code given with booking (easy) Quick bag check and your in, we went Easter half term so busy but not overly. Booked for 2.30 tour but allowed in about 2.15 (too exited too wait) Hold you together to explain tour and allow one in front to start. I had digital guide but don't really need it if British. From the minute I opened the doors (my birthday!!) to the great hall to the minute we left (about 5 hours) we were spellbound. So much to see and all done in such detail you can't help but enjoy the day. I would definitely like to go back someday just hope I get the chance.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

First, you HAVE TO make a reservation to go. I am not sure If you can buy tickets there but I think no. So go online and buy/reserve the tickets.

The whole tour is like 4 hours. As a fan I spent there 8 hours. I went with someone who is not a fan a Harry Potter and after the whole tour, I think he became a fan.

It is far from London (like 1 hour) I went in public transportation. When you get down at the station, there's a bus outside. You are going to see it, it has signs. Also there's people. Take a few coins with you because you have to pay cash.

You are able to see and be in some of the main sets of the movie. There are so many props and costumes. It is a fantastic adventure that it is worth the money.

There are different souvenirs shops. The main one is at the entrance/end of the tour. But if you like something from a specific area for example a hat that says platform 9 3/4 probably you wont find it at the end because it is from that area. So buy it there.

Save some money because you can get on a broom and buy your video flying on it. It's a little expensive but if you are a fan, you should buy it.

The tour has numbers, try to follow them, it is crowded and you could miss some stuff because the shape of the route is not easy to follow.