“Great Pizza”

Da Vinci's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 31 Restaurants in Summer Hill
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 30 December 2017

I come here for the pizza all the time. It is my favourite pizza place in sydney for margherita and also the prosciutto pizza's. Their pizza base is great. They probably don't have the pizza range that would excite everyone, but I love what they do have. The napolitane pasta or the kids is also pretty safe as enjoyable.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

Having visited Da Vincis before, we knew that seating was on the street, outside at the side of the building(in a public square) & inside (where it is crowded & hot). When booking we requested NOT to be on the street....so we were happy to be at the side of the building. On a hot, stormy Sydney day, it was a pleasant place to be seated. Our party of 7 comprised 6 adults & a 5 year old. The food (from bountiful bruschetta, to lamb cutlets,to pasta,to pizza, to calzone) & service here, is good.My Husband complains that the serving sizes of the food are "not Italian",the serves are not generous! The restaurant boasts of their home made gelato, but I found it thin & disappointing.They do have a menu for children which is excellent & our 5 year old cleaned her plate. As we were dining on a Monday, we rang to check if we could bring our own alcohol, we were encouraged to do so. After a pleasant meal we found a rude shock on our bill, $3.50 per glass for corkage ($21). At no time were we informed that this would be charged.Another word of caution.....only 1 (one!) toilet for Ladies......

Reviewed 18 October 2017

The servers were very friendly and welcoming, the penne pasta was delicious, and the drinks are lovely. The prices are good for what you receive, and it hardly took any time at all between ordering my dinner and having it on the table. Pretty sure I've got a crush on the entire staff now, this would make a great date spot for ladies with confident men!

Reviewed 12 October 2017

They opened specially for our group (21 family members). The Patriach of our family a 97 y.o. ex WWII veteran was present and catered for fabulously. Da Vinci's has a level entry so our man was not troubled although we had to jury rig a cushion for his scrawny butt as the chairs are 'short' duration style and have rigid timber seat pads. AND that is the ONLY shortcoming of the place!
Food 9/10, service, 9/10, hospitality, 10/10. Many specials were listed on their chalk blackboard additional to an extensive printed menu. They are licensed but did allow our BYO with a small fee.
My wife and I had never been there previously but after this introduction we're definitely returning as a couple or group ASAP. NOTHING was too much trouble for the boss and his staff and I cannot recommend the place more highly.
Oh, and by the way my wife and I are seasoned diners ( out 3 or 4 nights a week) so we know what we are reviewing.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

Quite by accident we found ourselves wanting dinner in Summer Hill While wandering along we were greeted by an Italian outside Da Vinci;s cafe who offered to show us how they made authentic pizza (just like it happens in Italy) So we ordered a supreme & he proceeded to make the item from rolling & spinning the dough to completing the cooked item.
It was the BEST pizza we have had since we were in Amalfi & would you believe it they only charged $15.00
Than you Da Vinci, we will be back again next time we are in Sydney