Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
View deal
Travelocity$502
Priceline
Agoda.com$525
All reviews rock flour ganga aarti the river junior suite special mention special thanks pebble beach pizza bar himalayan restaurant amazing property premium villa abhishek sharma f b main restaurant his team duty manager front office
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 December 2020

The location of the property provides fantastic views. The property itself is really well done up. I particularly enjoyed listening to the music provided by santoor player Zuber. He was very kind in taking requests and played them beautifully.

1  Thank Traveller13aj
Reviewed 15 December 2020 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay.

The hotel is beautifully located with stunning views of the ganges! Really serene and peaceful. Sitting out and soaking in the sun, thoroughly enjoying the breakfast and wonderful hospitality, was the highlight. Chef Satya, Himen, Suasis ,Sachin and Ajay were just so warm and took care of every need.

The pizzeria was another great highlight, fantastic pizza and excellent cocktails, thanks to Suren!!

We had a lovely trip and was an absolute wonderful break in these covid times.

Thank you Taj for making the trip so memorable.

2  Thank vaishali2014
Reviewed 15 December 2020

We loved our visit to taj Rishikesh last week. What a lovely property right in the middle of the mountains, with the Ganga river flowing beneath, fresh air and no pollution and spacious accommodation and what brilliant service. Mr Bhattacharya, their F and B manager is amazing always there to help you and give you what you need. Travelling with two toddlers he made it so comfortable for us, exemplifying the hospitality and service that taj stands for. The property is amazing, the food is even better you will be spoilt for choice, the spa is excellent too, and the service and dedication of the staff is incomparable. Thank you taj Rishikesh for making it a memorable stay for us. We would love to visit again. Special thank you to Mr Bhattacharya for all the effort and for everything!!

2  Thank Aakritichawla13
Reviewed 14 December 2020 via mobile

The property is amazing & I had a great time here with my wife. Staff members were really helpful & catered to our needs notably Ajay from the Rock Flour Restaurant & their Chef Satiya, the entire stay was brilliant & exceeded all expectations.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hpujara123
Reviewed 14 December 2020

The hotel is about 45 minutes from Rishikesh and about 1.5 hours from Dehradun airport. Hotel has standard rooms- which are in the main building , premium villa rooms with balcony - which are little down and near to the rocky beach they have.The size of the premium villa does not justify it being called a villa. I was given room 708 which had a balcony and a private sit out.The bathroom had a shower enclosure and a bath tub.All required amenities were present , except the minibar. They are not putting anything in minibar - reason given was to stop the spreading of covid 19. Check-in was smooth and fast but no one told us anything about the hotel or activities they have. Pool was closed due to Covid. Though you can surely opt for a private pool villa which is too expensive in my view.
Dining option was a coffee shop and a pizza bar near the Ganges.The bar at the hotel did not have most of the listed wines when i was there, though they told me stock is due to come. We had all the meals at the main restaurant . After eating for almost 3 days all i can say is they need to work harder on the food side. The menu options are limited , vegetarian options are much less. Plus there is not much of the local food on the menu. I think going to a place one should surely try local options on the menu. If i were to eat the same food i get in Delhi on a holiday what fun even going to a far off place. These days many hotels are shifting to organic and healthy options which is missing in this hotel. The hotel doesn't even have organic eggs to start with. They promote it as a spa and wellness hotel still do not have good healthy options on the menu. I still thank Mr.Sumit and Mr.Karan for what they did for us during the meals. They tried their best to still give us options other than what was mentioned on the menu.Also liked the dining under the stars -on the outside terrace.
The hotel organizes evening Aarti at the rocky beach.If you walk a little further from the hotel there is sand beach and you can lie down but it is not neat and clean. The gym timings as i was told were from 10 am which is too late. Though they opened it early on request but no helper or any staff there if you need anything.
The hotel being away from the main town of Rishikesh is silent and not much crowded.
I liked sitting in the sun on the terrace outside the restaurant. The hotel sure is built well and is located well but still the charm or flavor is missing. I think they need to plan some more activities to keep the guests engaged as already the government does not allow swimming pool.Kids area was also closed.
I would return to this hotel only if the food options are improved. The quality of food does not justify the prices being charged.

Room tip: Room 708 has good view
Date of stay: November 2020
1  Thank SumitIndianTraveller
TajRishikesh Resort, General Manager at Taj Rishikesh Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2020

Dear Mr.Sumit,

Thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short.

I have shared your feedback with the concerned departments and I assure you that you will not face this issue on your next stay with us. I, as the General Manager am responsible for every guest experience and take accountability for every single moment of truth. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Thank you for appreciating the services of Sumit and Karan.

We deeply value your patronage and support.

Warm regards,