Coral by the Sea
HotelQuickly
  • Beachfront
Verdanza Hotel(Isla Verde)
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 March 2012

This place often shows up as one of the cheaper hotels in Isla Verde. Its not great, but its not horrible either. The internet didn't work in the room when we were there, and the place is a little dingy, but we booked last minute and were happy to be near the beach and parking was easy and free. They have a little restaurant in front that's solid and if you're saving money, you'll survie here....

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank BIP_TK
Reviewed 23 February 2012

We booked this hotel by mistake, we were in Old San Juan and all hotels there were booked, so a friendly hotel receptionist offered to help. I told him if he could call and reserve a room at Coral Princess Hotel in Condado which I remembered from their website was a very nice botique size hotel at $95 a night so this poor receptinist made a reservatin by mistake at Coral by the Sea.Although the same price I was just dumbfouded of how infected and disgusting this hotel was. I stayed inmany hostels around the world but this one wouldn't even qualify for a free stay.....It was $98 per night and I think it was $98 too many....I didn't share to shower and slept dressed with the clothes I wore the day before. The curtains were soiled with dirt, the fake ceiling was ripped, the bed linens were terrible and the room was the worst I ever been into....The irony was that the hotel was booked, so I tried to figure out he mistery. Apparently the majority of tourist in San Juan are in transit to their cruises. They stay for a night or two and they are not returning, therefore the quality of service is not important.....
If you are planning to go to San Juan, please make yourself a service and book a room in advance, there are beautiful small hotels in Old San Juan, we walked to all of them, unfortunately were sold out, it cost about the same $80 - $150 and they look wonderful> A fewhotles we loved were: Hotel Casablanca, Da Haus Hotel, or Coral Princess in Condado.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bella134
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Stayed here for a couples days before our cruise. It is a safe place a lot of police visible on the streets. A lot of places in walking distance to choose from to eat. There is a Walgreens next door for personal items, beach items and a really nice cafe style shop in the hotel that serves a varity of food and great ice cream. I think the beach was only a couple of blocks away. So no need to rent a car or take a taxi to get to the beach. The beach is very nice. The room was clean, and the neighborhood safe. The elevator door looked like it seen better days, but it does not effect your stay there. The staff were pleasant to talk to. The bathroom could be updated, but we were out most of the time there so didn't spend much time in there.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Robert_DMello
Reviewed 28 January 2012

older hotel, 5 minutes from the airport, friendly service, get a cab in under 2 minutes, good restaurant, short walk to the beach

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank maxedogmaxedog
Reviewed 28 January 2012

Don't even bother with this hotel! For the asking price, I am more than sure you can get a better hotel nearby. During my one night stay, I slept with the lights on. It smells, it's dirty, the hotel staff is horrendously rude, and there's no one to help you with heavy luggage. FYI, there are stairs in front of the entrance, so be mindful if you have heavy luggage (you WILL have to carry it yourself). The doors to the rooms are so old, you have to slam them to get them shut and you have to carry around a key with a big keychain that has your room number on it (not the keycards newer hotels have). The elevator is so old, you almost expect it to breakdown everytime you step inside. It's a mess!! I slept on top of the bed cover with my own blanket because I was too disgusted to even try and sleep on those sheets. I am not a picky person but this was by far my most horrific experience at a hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo