See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Decided to stay here because we didn't want to splurge too much since it was our last day in Puerto Rico and we needed a place close to the airport for our early flight, and yet still enjoy the town - one last time. The place is conveniently located away from the main street of where all shops, hotels and restaurants are situated. Though, its only a short walk and just over the bridge. The place is quiet and has all the necessary things you need (i.e. clean bed, shower). My only complaint is that we were only given one set of key (one for the front gate and the other for the room. It would have been nice to have your own keys so you can go about separately as you wish. There's also a nice Spanish bakery/restaurant a few blocks which has tons of selections of food and desserts.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank TabsterInc
Reviewed 10 August 2012

I could Honestly say I was very happy with my stay..Beautiful guess house where u could always feel like home..I love Ms Angela she will deff make u feel like home..The enviroment was great but the stay was the best..Thanx once again & i Promise u i will continue on going back more & more each & eveytime i visit PUERTO RICO MI ISLA DEL ENCANTO...

Room Tip: 1st fl is always great closer to the kitchen & pool etc..Ac r very good..
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Car0lina83
Reviewed 8 March 2012

First time here and will return again & again,close to everything, airport, restaurants,pueblo supermarket (open 24/7) best price in town. Ms Angela will make you fill like home, no pressure and very cozy room + has pool, free coffee, soda machine, and secure parking. The police goes by very offen 24/7 so you will fill safe here.I was here for 9 nights.

Room Tip: Second floor was great for me and next to the terrace which was brezzy and nice view.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Junior S
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights in a double room. The room is definitely no frills, but I felt like it was a nice value. To get to Carolina Beach you walk one long block, three short blocks, and across an overpass to the side of the road where the resorts are.

Angela is wonderful. Some of the bedding was a little frayed, but the A/C worked and the accomodations were clean. The only thing I'd be careful about is making sure to bring the address and telephone number with you...Taxis won't know it by name.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sue11415
Reviewed 20 April 2011

We spent 3 days at this little "Diamond in the rough" This is definately for the modest traveler looking for a quite retreat and looking to get away from the MegaResort!! Our room was cozy and clean...50's like decor with a fridge that kept my beer cold...13" TV with many channels...a super cold AC...an OK bed and a hot shower!! What else do you really need? The Elderly lady running the place was an absolute sweetheart...We have never stayed anywhere that my wife and I "HUGGEG" our hostess goodbye when we left!! She was so helpful, good hearted and a lovely person to be around...She was like having a Grandmother along on our trip. She helped with calling cabs and a 5AM wake up call to get us to the airport...we had fun playing with Tito the parrot and Snoopy the dog was a hoot.
Close by is a Texaco gas station, a bar and one of the best damn places to eat and have coffee we have ever been called "Espana"...you know it is good when you can't find a place to sit at 8 in the morning...
I took a business card from the hotel and carried it with me to show the cab drivers because they nearly always were stumped when I gave them the address...some called the lady and get directions so all was fine...just a short walk to the beach and even has a bus stop just across the street from Espana so EASY $.75 ride to Old San Juan!! Loved it, Loved it, Loved it and WILL stay there again....here is her address and phone numbers so you have the correct information.
El Patio Guest House