US$ 323
US$ 243
US$ 255
US$ 216
  • Breakfast included
Coral by the Sea(Isla Verde)
US$ 112
US$ 265
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
La Playita(Isla Verde)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights in a double room. The room is definitely no frills, but I felt like it was a nice value. To get to Carolina Beach you walk one long block, three short blocks, and across an overpass to the side of the road where the resorts are.

Angela is wonderful. Some of the bedding was a little frayed, but the A/C worked and the accomodations were clean. The only thing I'd be careful about is making sure to bring the address and telephone number with you...Taxis won't know it by name.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sue11415
Reviewed 20 April 2011

We spent 3 days at this little "Diamond in the rough" This is definately for the modest traveler looking for a quite retreat and looking to get away from the MegaResort!! Our room was cozy and clean...50's like decor with a fridge that kept my beer cold...13" TV with many channels...a super cold AC...an OK bed and a hot shower!! What else do you really need? The Elderly lady running the place was an absolute sweetheart...We have never stayed anywhere that my wife and I "HUGGEG" our hostess goodbye when we left!! She was so helpful, good hearted and a lovely person to be around...She was like having a Grandmother along on our trip. She helped with calling cabs and a 5AM wake up call to get us to the airport...we had fun playing with Tito the parrot and Snoopy the dog was a hoot.
Close by is a Texaco gas station, a bar and one of the best damn places to eat and have coffee we have ever been called "Espana"...you know it is good when you can't find a place to sit at 8 in the morning...
I took a business card from the hotel and carried it with me to show the cab drivers because they nearly always were stumped when I gave them the address...some called the lady and get directions so all was fine...just a short walk to the beach and even has a bus stop just across the street from Espana so EASY $.75 ride to Old San Juan!! Loved it, Loved it, Loved it and WILL stay there again....here is her address and phone numbers so you have the correct information.
El Patio Guest House
787-726-6298

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Mailguy
Reviewed 17 April 2011

The owner is wonderful and friendly. This is my second trip at El Patio with my friend. I love the area. The room is small but very clean and the owner is extremely friendly and goes out of her way to make you comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank bwia2002
Reviewed 4 April 2011

This was my third time staying here and as usual the owner Dona Angela is a sweetheart. She is always willing to accommodate my needs since I am disabled, and she always has time to chat with me and my friend about areas where we should go and visit. She is always helpful, and I don't see her as the owner, I see her more like my grandmother part of my family. It is always a pleasure staying there and when we leave she always showers us with blessings and tells us how much she wants to see us back there again. Oh and the pool is totally awesome.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank SiyahsEmpress
Reviewed 28 January 2011

My least favorite part of Puerto Rico is San Juan. That being said, when our flight was canceled last minute because of weather, we were in a frenzy trying to find a place that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg (chain hotel). Luckily, within seconds I was able to do a quick search on my phone, and found El Patio Guest House (only a 5 minute drive from the San Juan Airport). We called over, and a sweet bi-lingual older woman answered. She said the last minute accommodations wouldn't be a problem (at the time rooms ran from $60-$100, and we lucked out with the lower end deal).

When we arrived, the hostess was sitting in her chair by the gate along with her small friendly Yorkshire mix and parrot. She gladly let us in, and showed us to our room. We walked through the open common area / patio, were shown the community kitchen, and once we dropped our bags went straight to the pool area.

The rooms were nothing to write home about (quite small), but included a comfortable bed, small refrigerator and TV, air conditioner, and a clean bathroom. There were no bells and whistles, which was fine by our standards, but may be too little for some.

They had a ping-pong table, and I believe they had a volleyball area, as well as a basketball net set up. We also saw a few bikes, but I'm not 100% sure if they were for the guests.

The beach is "a short five minute walk" away. You have to walk down 2 or three blocks, and then over an overpass, then down a path to the beach. The beach seemed like a typical "San Juan hotel-beach" to us.

Taking the same route to the beach path, if you walk down the strip there, you'll find a handful of restaurants that won't be too scary to the average San Juan tourist. All seemed reasonably priced.

Come check out time the following day (1pm) we asked if we could stay on the premises until 3pm as our flight wasn't until 5. We we're told it wouldn't be a problem, and when we were ready, she would call us a taxi.

As I mentioned, I'm not a huge fan of San Juan as it's too much like any other city in the world. But if we're ever stuck there again, El Patio Guest House will be first on my list of places to stay.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends