“Is there anyone home?”

Baraka Boutique Pension
Ranked #3 of 24 Ronda B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We spent one night in this B&B and it was a bit disappointing. When we arrived, there was no one there. It was closed and no one answered the door. Luckily the lady from the hotel next door had a spare key and let us in. When she left, we were alone in an empty house. How unwelcoming. The next morning, we heard sounds from the kitchen, so I went there to introduce myself. A stressed man opened the door and told me he was busy making breakfast and, basically, had no time to talk. During breakfast he told us he was tired and wanted to go to sleep. That made us, again, feel not welcome at all. The location however is excellent. But our room was small and therefore a bit expensive. For one night is was OK. There was a rooftopterrace? Well if there's no one around to tell you...how should we have known.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 17 March 2012

I had the most marvelous 6 days at Baraka B&B! My room was perfect in every detail. I loved the decor and the personal touches everywhere- from the heater in the bathroom that warmed me after my shower, the gorgeous fabrics on the bed and drapes, and the yummiest breakfast each morning with a variety of breads and jams, eggs if I wanted them, and fresh squeezed orange juice- wow! I felt like a princess.

Anahid was the perfect hostess with her huge heart, incredible smile, and willingness to do anything to make my stay more comfortable and enjoyable. She is fun and intelligent and really knows this historic and picturesque part of Spain- my favorite!

I can easily and totally recommend this haven for any occasion!

Rebecca Castleton

Room Tip: I think this is a no lose, it really depends if you want a single or double room, or the lovely mast...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 January 2012

Everything is great:
a) the location - can't get any more central than this
b) the host - Anahid is warm, kind and her recommendations are spot on
c) the breakfast- taken in that small covered patio, eating fresh fruit and toasts while chating with other guest couples at the solo table
d) the room, set to a quiet street, tastefull and clean (even though the bed was a bit too small for those over 1,80 m)

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Anahid is a fantastic host and I can agree with the positive reviews already written.
She had a little book of restaurant recommendations which I would use because the 2 restaurants we tried from her recommendations were spot on (try Traga Tapas for tapas with a twist at a reasonable price and Puerta Grande for delish food with huge portions).
She even helped us book a well renowned restaurant she had just visited in Granada for our next stop on our Spain tour. It proved to be another great recommendation.

Most hotels in Spain don't include breakfast in the room rate but Anahid provided a simple but yummy breakfast each morning whilst she sat down and got to know who we were and gave us tips on where to visit for the day.

If coming in Winter remember to bring your warm pyjamas and thick bed socks as Spanish homes have tiled floors which get icy cold in the cold evenings!

The location was nice and quiet yet very close to the main bridge and all the sights. We really enjoyed our brief stay here. Thanks Anahid!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2011

Anahid is a lovely warm, welcoming host. She is a great advocate for Ronda and helped us greatly with what to see, do and where to eat. The B and B is spotlessly clean with tea making as well as a stunning terrace. You would not know you were in the old part of town because it is just so quiet BUT you are, it is so conveniently close to absolutely everything.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple