“I will never stay in this hotel, ever”

Hotel Jardin de la Muralla
Ranked #16 of 23 Ronda B&B and Inns
Mijas, Spain
“I will never stay in this hotel, ever”
Reviewed 2 September 2011

I had booked two double rooms at this hotel, end of May. I filled in the on line reservation form which requested credit card details. I then waited to an e-mail to confirm my booking. This did not come. So, I e-mailed again the next day, still no confirmation. After three days I sent another mail asking for confirmation of my booking saying that if I did not receive this, I would be forced to find accommodation elsewhere. As I did not receive anything from this hotel, I did book elsewhere, BUT they took the full amount of the two rooms off my credit card anyway. I phoned and enquired and they said it was because I did not cancel the booking to which I replied, "how can I cancel a booking YOU never confirmed". I went to Ronda to see the manager, and looked at their computer in sent items, and they had sent confirmation but it went to the wrong e-mail address. Three more e-mail replies also went to the wrong e-mail address and not to my e-mail address. However, the very rude manager said it was not their fault, and refused to refund me the money. Lesson learnt! Never give credit card details unless confirmation is received. Saskia Bystedt, Mijas, Spain

Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank Saskia B
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2011

We stumbled apon this hotel by accident and we are thrilled that we did. The house itself is traditional and we were in a large room with huge windows and plenty of light. There were a few little problems - the shower fixture to the wall was broken and the air con didn't work (but amazingly, because of the huge windows we weren't too hot at night), however, you take these in your stride because the surroundings are so beautiful. The pool area could do with a tidy up and good clean, but the water so wonderfully refreshing and the gardens were magical.
This is a wonderful hotel, the staff were friendly (they let us use their computer to access our emails). Whilst breakfast is not your typical hotel offering - it is only one Euro and includes fresh coffee and toast with homegrown herby tomatoes or fried eggs.
Situated in a stunning part of Ronda, and easily accessible to the central attractions (a 10 minute walk), I would return to this gorgeous hotel in a heartbeat.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 17 August 2011

Hotel Jardin de la Muralla have a fantastic beautiful garden and the house, if it had been a privat home, was wonderful. I would have loved to live in the house. And the location in the San Fransico area perfect. But as a hotel NO! The doors in to the hotel rooms was to thin and we were disturbed by noice all night. People forgot their keys and rang the doorbell all night and then the sound from doors opening and closing..... The hotel needed more cleaning in the hotel rooms/bathrooms, the garden and the pool.
Much of the furniture was worn out or not very clean. Most of the garden furniture was rusty.
If you are looking for a spanish home more than a hotel this is probably the place for you. But for me 91 euro/night is to expensive for the standard you get.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank June-lovetotravel
Lugano, Switzerland
Reviewed 16 August 2011

We spent only one night & it was a very nice experience. It's a small hotel with only 6 rooms, so you need to be lucky to find the room, therefore book as early as possible. Owner and his wife very friendly, very clean and nice place. Beautiful garden with a nice swimming pool. It's like being in a typical Spanish house. Next time in Ronda, that will be my place again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2011

Lovely building an stunning view. Location in old ronda was also superb. But disappointed by a few small things, which made it less enjoyable:

- no choice for breakfast, and no service with a smile

- outside could benefit from cleaning eg cushions and garden

- pool should be open in good weather (and cleaned).

- one room is v poor and should not be offered to guests.

Overall a beautiful rustic location, that could easily turn three stars into something more if it made a bit more of an effort. For now I would recommend the parador instead

• Stayed May 2011