For my recent birthday my sister offered to have the kids for a sleepover so we could get a night away. After a bit of thought we remembered this hotel which we visited about 8 years ago and thought it would be lovely to go back. We live in Southern Spain so it is also easy to get there by parking the car in Estacion de San Roque and getting the comfortable 1 hour train there. It was as lovely as we remembered, maybe even more as you appreciate things like tranquility more after having kids!! We cannot believe what a great time we had in literally less than 24 hours. We were met by Javier and shown to our beautiful room with a terrace overlooking the pool, the decor is very tasteful and the rooms are immaculate. We were given the menu to choose our meal for that evening, I was a little skeptical as there was only a choice of 2 mains fish or boar, non of which would have ordinarily been my first choice but I went with the boar anyway. After a lazy afternoon at the pool we got ready and went for dinner, the terrace setting at night is lovely, complete with fresh cut flowers and candles round the pool, they really dont overlook the small details. As for my boar, it was one of the most delicious meals I have had in a long time. The food was amazing, cooked by Pom´s son and you can tell he takes a real pride in his cooking and uses quality local produce. If we had a restaurant on our doorstep with that quality food it would be a firm favourite. Javier was on hand to recommend a local Ronda wine which was also amazing. They really do want to make sure that you have a great stay, nothing is too much trouble and its genuine as they take pride in their hotel. Overall a fantastic mini break and it definitely wont be another 8 years before we are back again!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine a small luxury suite hotel run along the lines of a laid-back country house party thrown by friends. In a renovated rural olive oil mill, with beautifull Ronda within sight, where traditional Spanish architecture meets post-modern design and eclectic furnishing. A short drive from cosmopolitan Ronda but with all the country house comforts to tempt you to just siesta by the pool or on the lawn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Hotel La Fuente De La Higuera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel La Fuente De Higuera
- La Fuente De Higuera Hotel