“Great views”

Hotel Don Miguel
Ranked #31 of 40 Hotels in Ronda
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Stayed here on 26 May 2012 travelling with friends. We picked this hotel mainly
because of its situation on the gorge, and the views it offered; we weren't disappointed.
I was satisfied with my room and considering breakfast was included, it was well worth
the price of 66 euros. Hotel reception was somewhat offhanded, but they parked our
car for us in nearby secure parking which we appreciated. For a short visit to Ronda
this hotel would meet most travellers' expectations.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank muffinSechelt

Reviewed 27 May 2012

We made our reservations early. The staff was extremely nice & helpful. We got rooms on the gorge side. One was on the small side, the other larger, but both nice enough & clean. Especially because of the price!!! What a value! Will definitely stay here again if I'm ever lucky enough to be in Ronda again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ShootingGirl
Reviewed 18 May 2012

I stayed 2 nights and the room was the sort of room you get when you're a student ie. an odd shape with mis-matched furniture, although the bed was comfortable. I did find one or two slightly dusty surfaces - been watching too much "4 in a Bed" ! The bathroom was definitely 2*. There were no curtains at the sink, which was next to the window, so if you got washed with the light on, everyone in the square would be able to see. However, the room had a sort of quaintness about it that I liked - it had personality!

From the other 2 windows - one with a balcony - in the room the view had the WOW!!!-factor. As was the view from the cafe and restaurant. There was not a great selection of food at breakfast and it was poorly presented, but I enjoyed what I had. I had a meal in the restaurant which was delicious, but the waiter was unfriendly, although the other waiters were friendlier. And the receptionist was very helpful when I wanted a taxi on Sunday.

When I was there, in May, it was quite cold and there was a heater provided which soon heated the room up.

I chose this hotel for its location, and it's views are breathtaking. I could have sat and looked out at that view forever. The bed was comfortable, but I've stayed in better 3* hotels, but I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the gorge side.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Reinalina
Reviewed 14 May 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Don Miguel at the end of April 2012. The woman at the reception desk the afternoon we arrived was not well suited for a job dealing with the public. She was decidedly unfriendly and unhelpful, getting information from her was like pulling teeth. Our room was fairly spacious, the beds were comfortable, the bathroom was small and not well appointed but it was clean. (Later in the day, while handing in our key before going out, I heard another guest complaining about the smell in their room, saying it was intolerable but our room did not have this problem) The view from our room was nothing short of fabulous. Our room overlooked the gorge and the view was breathtaking. Breakfast was included with the room, it had a good variety of choices and was plentiful but again, the staff left something to be desired. There is a lovely terrace with beautiful views and WiFi was available in the breakfast/bar area but not in the rooms. We would love to visit Ronda again but would probably splurge and stay at the Parador.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank memorymaker
Reviewed 13 May 2012

The staff at the restaurant is rude. Some rooms probably have views, but our was on the street. The location is the only reason to stay here.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple