See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 February 2016

I made my reservation via phone with a wonderful nice woman. My room was spotless, the bed was crisp and firm, the shower was plenty hot with good pressure. The air conditioning worked. My room opened onto the pool deck and a nice view of the hillside and the ocean beyond. The Inn sits upon a hillside away from the noise of the resturants and nightlife below. It was quiet and relaxing. The hidden gem was the included breakfast served by gracious and accomodating staff. Fresh orange juice, fresh fruit plate and assortment of fresh breads and differeing egg dishes to choose from every morning (included) I would go here as a first choice when I return to Rincon.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank bruce p
Reviewed 1 February 2016

My husband is originally from San Juan and his family still lives there. On our most recent trip from the states, they said we MUST make the 2+ hour drive to not only visit Rincon but that The English Rose should be first on our list. The drive to the summit is described as adventurous and that adjective is certainly fitting! We visited on a Tuesday around 9:15 without a reservation. We were seated immediately on the patio and the view was simply breathtaking. Our server suggested a few items on the menu and also pointed out their numerous "extras" selection. My husband ordered one of their specialties and I opted to create an a la carte meal. The croissants were larger than life and clearly freshly baked. One thing that really stood out to me was the fact that not only did we have one server, but each employee seemed to be actively involved with all of the patrons. One was giving directions, another suggesting places to visit, and others simply chatting us up. It created a very homey feel. I cannot recommend this place enough.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Melissa L
Reviewed 23 January 2016

Loved our stay! We stayed in Hamlet room a couple of days in January. One of the highlights of our trip was a day here hanging out at the pool. After the morning diners left, we seemed to have the place to ourselves. Very relaxing!
Pros: Clean, friendly owner and staff, great food, view, close to things to do
Cons: steep narrow road to access property, could hear nearly everything...luckily no one was noisy or annoying
Would definitely recommend staying at English Rose!

Stayed: January 2016
1  Thank Amy O
Reviewed 21 January 2016 via mobile

Very good breakfast, presentation and service. Great ocean view. Reservations are recommended. We arrived 8:00 am and find a table in the balcony. We had coffee and mimosa, thenDead Elvis and The full Monty. The french toasts were delicious with Homemade bread. Must go!

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2016 via mobile

Make sure to make a reservation. You go up a hill and when u get up on top you have an amazing view. We like to sit outside and eat.The people that work there are very nice and the food is amazing! We go to rincon every year and always go eat there everytime! In the pic is the dead Elvis , super yummy!

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple