See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 January 2014

The English Rose is simply lovely!!! We stayed at The hamlet Suite and it was a comfy and clean room. Breakfast was great both days we were there and the service was very nice. I'm very happy we decided to stay there and not at any other hotel at Rincon. The only thing I don't like very much is the road to get there but the view is worth it!!! We are already planning our next stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank YoliCotto
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Although the breakfast was amazing the service was just terrible. The attitude towards families with kids is so rude. We were seated and Were provided with the kids menu first and Ordered right away. The food for the kids came relatively quickly. The menu for the adults never came. Once we ordered the food took so long to come out. The tables that were seated after us already had finished their breakfast but our order still had not come out. I asked the waitress if the order was in and another waitress behind her rolled her eyes. Finally our food came but we had no utensils. Also my wife's order did not come out right. When it came back it was still not right and they said we don't do that. All she asked for was instead of 2 scrambled eggs to make it only with one yolk instead of two. We have a 2 and a 4 year old so to have them sit quietly for a long time is not easy. Of course they were loud and dropped their forks and the 2 year old spilled water on the floor. I was amazed to see the staffs reaction to all if this...all they kept doing was roll their eyes and make comments to one another and sugh under their breath. For such a small place I was amazed at how slow the service was. My coffee was also only filled once at the begining. And they had plenty of staff. Furthermore, the mens bathroom toilet was not flushing. Reading some of the reviews u also noticed at how rude their responses are to negative reviews. Every review should be taken with much appreciation and should be a way to better themselves not with comebacks of snide remarks. The service unfortunately ruined the taste of the food. Will definitely not return and will mention this to friends and family. I'm saying all this having worked in the hospitality industry for over twenty years.

• Stayed: January 2014
5  Thank Santchef
Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

Came for 2 night stay 4 and I don't want to leave but I'll be back enjoy a piece of the Rincon paradise Esto Es Vida been for breakfast this time to enjoy the resort one of a kind private place OG style

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank JuanE1149
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We went to this place because a lot of friends told us this is the best brunch in the west side. We went on a Friday (we heard that weekends people had to wait hours for a table).

The road was small in the middle of the mountains of Rincon (very small), a real adventure, the view from the restaurant was beautiful. They do not have AC, but the wind of the mountains was perfect. We went with our three kids for the first time. The food was ok, the home made drinks was great, the service was perfect, their attention to my kids was superb and the place looks clean neat. We order fruits (great), french toast (good), coffee (ok) and eggs benedict (ok). I recommend this location, but be aware the road is not the best, on weekends be ready to wait a lot, great view, great drinks and a nice place to have brunch; but if you do not want to wait go to the restaurants in Rincon that they serve great breakfast too.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Joselin R
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Our family of 5 (3 kids - ages 17, 15 and 13) stayed for 2 nights and it was great. It is a clean, beautiful house with a clean, enjoyable pool. The drive up the hill to the English Rose was pretty cool and the views are incredible. We loved the breakfast in the morning - so delicious. Ruth and her staff are friendly, genuine and lovely hosts. I would definitely go back to this B & B, and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: We stayed in the "Chester" since we had 5 people in our party and needed the extra bed and space.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family